[MEGATHREAD] What is app 10xxx?

morpheusoptic

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Unknown app "10252"

I was recently looking at my data usage in the settings menu and noticed an app I have never seen before. Does anyone know what the one that says "10252" is? I have no app by that specific name and there is no way to go to the app settings by clicking on it from the usage menu.

I looked through all my apps in the app manager and it is not listed in any slide eg. Running, downloaded or All. If anyone knows what this is I would appreciate it.

The only data it uses is background data, which I have subsequently turned off.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1416030233666.jpg
    1416030233666.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 7

jsiddle2025

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Interesting new line items under Battery / Battery draining faster than normal.

Anyone have any idea what these numbered items are? Or why s7 edge battery has been draining to 0 in 12 hrs for about a week?

I usually get 18+ hours because I'm a light user.

2j2b8yc.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Interesting new line items under Battery / Battery draining faster than normal.

Welcome to Android Central! One of my fellow Ambassadors, Javier P, has noted that items that start with "10xxx" usually represent apps you recently uninstalled. Would that make sense for your first screenshot?

Also, the high Cell Standby percentage usually means you've been in an area of bad signal. This makes the phone work overtime to latch onto the signal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Interesting new line items under Battery / Battery draining faster than normal.

I don't believe they're currently draining your battery -- I think it's just showing you how much battery they used before you uninstalled them. Let us know if it persists even after a few charge cycles.

ad8900

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
10250 DESTROYING my S7 Edge battery life - what is this?

Just got an S7 Edge a couple days ago. Switched from iPhone 6s plus. battery life is really rough! Screen has barely been on and it has been hot all day. Can someone please tell me what 10250 is? Seems to be the biggest drain.

Image: http://imgur.com/TMAx7K3

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: 10250 DESTROYING my S7 Edge battery life - what is this?

Welcome to the forums. Usually those '10xxx' processes refer to apps that were removed after the last full charge. Have you recently uninstalled any app? It should disappear on your next battery cycle, after your next full charge. Tell us how it goes.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: What's this

Have you recently uninstalled any app? Those 10xxx processes usually refer to apps that were removed after your last full charge. It should disappear on your next battery cycle.

A

AC Question

Battery usage 10238 causing problems on my galaxy s7

In my settings I see that 71% of my battery usage is 10238 and I do not know what this is or how to get rid of it. I have tried charging my phone and restarting it. Please help it is draining my batter very quickly

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery usage 10238 causing problems on my galaxy s7

Welcome to the forums. Usually those 10xxx processes refer to apps that were uninstalled after the last full charge and they should disappear on your next battery cycle. Did you charge the phone until completely full? Charging below 90-95% doesn't reset the battery cycle.

A

AC Question

Android symbol followed by random numbers is using 75% of s7 battery

I have hadYahoo Mail app on my phone for the last several months with no problem, but today I noticed it was using 35% of my battery. I cleared the cache but that didn't help so I uninstalled the app. Now I see the android symbol followed by random numbers and it is using up the battery

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android symbol followed by random numbers is using 75% of s7 battery

Welcome to the forums. What random numbers? Anything like 10xxx? Have you uninstalled any app since your last full charge? Usually these numbered processes refer to apps that were recently removed. They should disappear on your next battery cycle, after your next full charge. Tell us how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid