[MEGATHREAD] What is app 10xxx?

morpheusoptic

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Unknown app "10252"

I was recently looking at my data usage in the settings menu and noticed an app I have never seen before. Does anyone know what the one that says "10252" is? I have no app by that specific name and there is no way to go to the app settings by clicking on it from the usage menu.

I looked through all my apps in the app manager and it is not listed in any slide eg. Running, downloaded or All. If anyone knows what this is I would appreciate it.

The only data it uses is background data, which I have subsequently turned off.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1416030233666.jpg
    1416030233666.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 7

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is 1051 on my phone

We get these questions a lot, usually apps identified as a 4-digit number are apps that have been uninstalled since the data or battery counter was last reset. Have you removed an app recently?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

A

Android Central Question

Numbered app in data usage - cause for concern?

Hi all

Recently (yesterday) I found a 5 digit number (10195) in my data usage that had consumed around 106 bytes. Googling around tells me this is a process ID, so I wasn't too worried, but today the process/app is missing from my data usage list for the past month when I booted it up today, which I don't believe should be possible since it hasn't been a full billing cycle/month since the phone was initially booted up. Is this a cause for concern?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Numbered app in data usage - cause for concern?

Welcome to Android Central! No, that simply represents an app you recently uninstalled. They still show up to tell you how much data it used during your current data cycle before you uninstalled it. It'll disappear after the next data cycle. The number is the app's UID.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Kylen51

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! No, that simply represents an app you recently uninstalled. They still show up to tell you how much data it used during your current data cycle before you uninstalled it. It'll disappear after the next data cycle. The number is the app's UID.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Hi
Data cycle should refer to the time on the data usage graph right? It doesn't seem to cycle until early October, yet the app/process number still disappeared. That's why I was wondering if this was peculiar.

20211025_170444.jpg
20211025_170407.jpg
Was originally listed under voice service, but is now just gone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't read your initial question closely enough.:-\ (Usually, people are worried about what it means and why it seems to be persisting.)

It may be that the amount was trivial enough that it just dropped off in favor of other apps that were actively using more data. I don't think it's a cause for concern.

Seth Volcano

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site
Does anyone know what the 1021 app is about?

Hello everyone, reviewing the statistics on the use of Wi-Fi, there is one that caught my attention, by name it has "1021" and it has the Android logo as an icon, as if it were a system application, although its use of Wi-Fi is insignificant (9.32kb), I'm curious because I haven't found much information about this app.

Ben xfg

Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Re: Does anyone know what the 1021 app is about?

Hello everyone, reviewing the statistics on the use of Wi-Fi, there is one that caught my attention, by name it has "1021" and it has the Android logo as an icon, as if it were a system application, although its use of Wi-Fi is insignificant (9.32kb), I'm curious because I haven't found much information about this app.

It's an app that you uninstalled. That way you don't get conflicting reports as easily if you compare overall data usage with per app usage.

Seth Volcano

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site

Is it normal that it appears in the use of wifi sometimes? More or less every 2 days, although its use is insignificant, it never exceeds 20kb

Seth Volcano

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site
WhatsApp Image 2021-12-17 at 5.33.24 PM.jpeg

It's in spanish xd

Note: I borrowed the cell phone from a friend, who is also Huawei, to review, and he also gets the app "1021" in Wi-Fi consumption, and another app came out on his cell phone with another id, if I remember correctly it was "1014"

Last edited by a moderator:

Seth Volcano

Nov 23, 2021
Visit site

Oh ok, according to that thread, the problem is that this process consumes a lot of battery, however, this is not my case. In fact, for the time that this cell phone has been in use (almost 4 years), the battery life is quite acceptable, that means then that everything is fine, right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz