Memory full & contract renewal

nm_mcc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Both my wife and I have Samsung galaxy s3 on Vodafone with the contracts nearly up. I am a heavy app user but my wife has hardly any. Both of us are receiving memory almost full message and I have cleared all caches and deleted or moved apps. Increasing space to over a gig. Within a short time it is full again. Is it possible there is bloatware on them to force an upgrade?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible there is bloatware on them to force an upgrade?

Unlikely. If anything, the specs in general compared to what is ideal now would force an upgrade. That phone is old by today's standards and no longer supported. I wouldn't be surprised if you are having other performance problems like major lagging.

Depending on what apps you two have, it's most likely one of your legitimate apps filling your remaining storage. If you used an app to clear all the cache at once, I would stop using it for starters. Instead, go into the phone's app manager and look at every app individually. You may find one with an excessive cache build up, which then allows you to access that specifically. It is possible for an app to go rogue like that (and some by design due to app requirements), but you'd never find it with the shotgun approach of a cleaner app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hebdo_Madaires