Full internal memory

TheAsker64

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I have a Galaxy S4 Mini.

The 8GB that comes with the device keeps filling up and I'm not 100% sure why.

I have a 32GB MicroSD card and I moved all possible apps that can run from the MicroSD already moved there.

Of the 8GB the split is:
3.21GB are system memory.
4.67GB left.

Of those 3.46 is in use. Almost all of them on apps. I already moved all the photos/videos to the SDCard. Tho... I'm not sure how it gets so high. The 4 heaviest apps combine for .5GB. The fifth is only 74MB. There are 43 apps that total 1.7GB with the lightest of them at 22MB. More than a third are apps that are part of the system (Google apps, some apps that were installed with the phone when I bought it). The rest are apps I basically use. At least 95% of them. So not sure what more I can do.

Then I have 1.29GB on "Other Files".
When I check that it says 1.78 is used by G Cloud. But when I browse the phone folders and check the G Cloud folder it is totally empty. Besides, the idea of G Cloud is to store data on... well, a cloud.

So that's how my 8GB is totally full.

Now, I already freed up 500MB of space by deleting some apps, but when I try to reinstall Whatsapp it says I need to clear space (which Whatsapp's size is much smaller than 500MB).

Any thoughts? What's the deal with the 1.78GB of G Cloud? What can I do to get some breathing room? Why can't I re-install whatsapp even if I have enough space?

Thanks!

dirtydantx

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Try downloading Storage Space from the play store (It's free) and see if that gives you a better idea of where your space is being used. Android uses partitions to separate SD card and internal memory and using a third party app with more detailed information may give you a better idea of what's going on with your system. Post a screenshot from the app if you can.

TheAsker64

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
OS won't let me install Storage Space as well. For the same reasons.

Not enough storage.

Even if the device itself tells me I have over 300MB of free storage on it.

dirtydantx

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Honestly if it were my phone I would back up what pictures and stuff I could then put the phone in recovery mode and restore to factory defaults. Hopefully someone else can come up with a better answer. Good luck!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause