Menu button

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm used to having the menu button on the bottom left, but that has been replaced by "recent apps". For some apps it's necessary to pull up options, such as exit. How do I achieve this now?

**Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk**

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm used to having the menu button on the bottom left, but that has been replaced by "recent apps". For some apps it's necessary to pull up options, such as exit. How do I achieve this now?

**Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk**

Just press and hold the recents key and job done :)

Posted via the Android Central App

ehstaley

May 8, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to simply hold down the recent apps button. I was stuck and frustrated by this lack of knowledge in an app when I got my N4 last week. I discovered it by total accident. HTH.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I think replacing the menu key with a recent apps key was a backwards step. I never used the recent apps and always used the menu key. There's no logic for doing it. It's not as if it's closer to the Android format that Google want of manufacturers. I always reopen an app if I need it anyway and let android sort out the memory management itself.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, I think replacing the menu key with a recent apps key was a backwards step. I never used the recent apps and always used the menu key. There's no logic for doing it. It's not as if it's closer to the Android format that Google want of manufacturers. I always reopen an app if I need it anyway and let android sort out the memory management itself.

At first I thought the same thing. But I've never seen a previous galaxy device, with the possible exception of the Note series, that would multi-task well.

I'm very used to the menu button, so it was frustrating at first adjusting to recent apps.

But now that I am used to recent apps, I have discovered how amazing the Note 4 is for multi-tasking. Even if you don't want to use multi-window, it is a breeze with recent apps.

I don't think recent apps is a step back at all. I think it is an excellent step forward.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
At first I thought the same thing. But I've never seen a previous galaxy device, with the possible exception of the Note series, that would multi-task well.

I'm very used to the menu button, so it was frustrating at first adjusting to recent apps.

But now that I am used to recent apps, I have discovered how amazing the Note 4 is for multi-tasking. Even if you don't want to use multi-window, it is a breeze with recent apps.

I don't think recent apps is a step back at all. I think it is an excellent step forward.

True mate, I'm getting used to it myself but was happy enough with the way it was too.

Jose Bonet

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
yes I love the recent APPS option..makes my switching betweens APPS so easy...I rather use that than keep looking for the APPS and opening then over and over....I like it.....time saver...

Mary Ann Castro1

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I had an S4 and was used to the menu in lower left. Now I have an S5 and it says "The menu key has been replaced by the Recent Key. Hold the Recent key to see menu options. So it's not Recent "Apps" like you're all saying here. I don't see where the Recent Key is.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I had an S4 and was used to the menu in lower left. Now I have an S5 and it says "The menu key has been replaced by the Recent Key. Hold the Recent key to see menu options. So it's not Recent "Apps" like you're all saying here. I don't see where the Recent Key is.
It is the Recent Apps soft button. Long press it in an app and the menu will appear just like pressing the 3 lines.
Good Luck!
Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilx11