Metal Chassis?

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the rumors that I loved, a 8.8mm thin metal chassis it looks 8.8 mm thin but I really wanted that from samsung I'm just kinda tired of the plastic but it's not a deal breaker and it doesn't look metal here in this video.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Well..haha....no one knows! Not till the 11th of this month.

It may be plastic....but rumors pointed towards a possible metal chassis.

So...no idea. Going to have to wait.

pwninobrlan

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm late on the nexus prime game, so I have one question. Where did everyone get the 11th date from? Other than that, I am so excited.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Id rather have a plastic phone that holds an awesome signal, then a metal chassis phone that might have signal issues.

Thats not a dig either. Im just totally against using metal in phones where it could have a negative effect on signals. I just don't think companies have figured out how to work around it well enough.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't explain to you how BADLY (BAAAADDDLLYYY) I want a metal chasis on the Prime. BADLY.

It just makes a phone feel so much better. The Nexus S, while a fantastic device, felt like I bought it at Wal Mart. (in a product quality kind of way)

I want to feel like I paid $300 worth for the device (im pretty sure it will be 300 with contract)

androidjunkie30

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't explain to you how BADLY (BAAAADDDLLYYY) I want a metal chasis on the Prime. BADLY.

It just makes a phone feel so much better. The Nexus S, while a fantastic device, felt like I bought it at Wal Mart. (in a product quality kind of way)

I want to feel like I paid $300 worth for the device (im pretty sure it will be 300 with contract)
I agree with you completely for instance when I hold my moms mytouch 4g it feels like its make from the highest quality materials from the bezel to the battery door. Please samsung make this metal and if the battery door isn't metal I kinda hope its not glossy like the nexus s

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
to be completely honest, i am not sure what i want. i love the lightweight feel of the nexus S, but hate the "cheap" feeling....i love the feeling a metal body phone, but hate how much it weighs.

Carbon fibre anyone? titanium? unobtanium....that would be epic :)

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Id rather have a plastic phone that holds an awesome signal, then a metal chassis phone that might have signal issues.

Thats not a dig either. Im just totally against using metal in phones where it could have a negative effect on signals. I just don't think companies have figured out how to work around it well enough.

Motorola has great radios and receptionin their smart phones... So, it is doable! Let's hope for the best

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Maybe a mix between aluminum and plastic? This is samsung we're dealing with, which means theres a 75% chance its made out of plastic. But theres always the chance that google pushed them to use some higher quality materials on the prime, we wont know until the 11th for sure. What I already do know is this is replacing my thunderbolt. haha

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
It has a metal chassis. That is, the frame inside that gives it sturdiness. I believe they said this one was aluminum in the video (the one in the Droid RAZR is stainless steel). The outside is plastic on the GN, although the new material on the back of the phone should make it feel a bit less cheap, and the whole phone should be stiffer, which is good.

I'll be honest - while I'll happily take this over the glass back on the iPhone4(s), I wish some of the materials science that went into the RAZR made its way into the GN.

P.S. Am I the only one who hates, hates, hates the way the iPhone4 feels? It looks nice enough, but a flat glass back just feels wrong in my hand.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
P.S. Am I the only one who hates, hates, hates the way the iPhone4 feels? It looks nice enough, but a flat glass back just feels wrong in my hand.

I actually really like the feel of the iPhone 4. The edges don't feel right, but the metal and glass body give it a really solid feel, even though iPhones are extremely fragile. I would much rather have a phone with an aluminum back or something though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene