Midnight Blue or Cloud White?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to ask, Midnight Blue, or Cloud White? Which color do most of you have? Are the issues that are present so far in the Nexus 6 on both color variants, or are the issues concentrated to one over the other? I'm thinking of going Cloud White, 32 GB version, which will go into an uber protective case and tempered glass screen protector. Incidentally, how much actual storage do you get in both versions?

For a case, I'm either considering:

Urban Armor Gear
Ballistic Tough Jacket Maxx
Armorbox Dual Layer Hybrid Protective Case
CASEFORMERS Duo Armor (from Amazon)
Diztronic Full Matte Flexible TPU Case

Which one would you go with? A little bulk doesn't bother me if it gives me peace of mind.

Thanks in advance! O:)

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the midnight blue. I don't go with white phones. Be aware that the blue is a finger print magnet though. I don't know about the white. I take care of mine though. As for cases, I love Spigen. I have the Neo and ultra hybrid. I love those cases because they don't add too much bulk.

Wingznut

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
More people are definitely going to have the blue, if nothing else besides they are so much more readily available.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The white is real sharp in person. Just looks great with the silver metal edges and black front. I compared my white (unlocked moto purchased) to the blue in an at&t store and it does not show finger prints...not a big deal if you use a case....but the color combination just looks super premium.
Blue does too so you can't go wrong.

I don't generally use cases....

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-12-09-11-41-56[1].png

To underscore the lightness of my usage case, this is a picture of the storage on my GS3, i9300. Of the total amount of used space, 3+ GB is music. If I was to get the 32 GB, would I be ok in terms of future updates for the next 2-3 years?

These are the apps that I installed:
Nova Launcher Prime
Lollicon Icon Pack
The Cleaner App
Battery Saver Pro
PowerMax
Textra
ES File Explorer
Pushbullet
Google Keep
Soundtracking
Cover Art Downloader
CM Browser
Twitter
Camera ZOOM FX
No Facebook or Facebook Messenger

Also, I've disabled as much of the bloat as I could, and turned off the corresponding apps that I downloaded third-party.

Since I like the look of the scaled up icons of Lollipop, I expect not to use Nova Launcher on the Nexus 6. I also intend to disable/turn off some of the Google apps that come preinstalled that I don't use.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 153276

To underscore the lightness of my usage case, this is a picture of the storage on my GS3, i9300. Of the total amount of used space, 3+ GB is music. If I was to get the 32 GB, would I be ok in terms of future updates for the next 2-3 years?

Nova Launcher Prime
Lollicon Icon Pack
The Cleaner App
Battery Saver Pro
PowerMax
Textra
ES File Explorer
Pushbullet
Google Keep
Soundtracking
Cover Art Downloader
CM Browser
Twitter
Camera ZOOM FX

Also, I've disabled as much of the bloat as I could, and turned off the corresponding apps that I downloaded third-party.

Since I like the look of the scaled up icons of Lollipop, I expect not to use Nova Launcher on the Nexus 6. I also intend to disable/turn off some of the Google apps that come preinstalled that I don't use.

Any other suggestions?

You should be ok with that, although I'd suggest a cloud for pic storage. I ordered mine in 64 GB because the difference of 50 dollars made it worth it both in dollar amount and wait time for me.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 153276

Nova Launcher Prime
Lollicon Icon Pack
The Cleaner App
Battery Saver Pro
PowerMax
Textra
ES File Explorer
Pushbullet
Google Keep
Soundtracking
Cover Art Downloader
CM Browser
Twitter
Camera ZOOM FX

Any other suggestions?

Don't even risk it. If you can spend the extra $50 for your piece of mind.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Apologies, the picture I posted doesn't show that I obviously have SD card storage as well; a total of 14.83 GB, of which 13.99 GB are free. Since storage on the Nexus 6 isn't partitioned, I suppose the 26 of the 32 GB should be enough for future proofing. It would be a shame to get the 64 GB version and have all that unused space, unless Android M and N (and O?) are huge updates in terms of size. As long as performance isn't affected, I guess I should be good.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Apologies, the picture I posted doesn't show that I obviously have SD card storage as well; a total of 14.83 GB, of which 13.99 GB are free. Since storage on the Nexus 6 isn't partitioned, I suppose the 26 of the 32 GB should be enough for future proofing. It would be a shame to get the 64 GB version and have all that unused space, unless Android M and N (and O?) are huge updates in terms of size, as long as performance isn't affected.

I think the bigger shame would be getting into more complex apps/games, taking more pictures, etc. and running out of space quicker than expected. Look at it this way, a couple years ago, we were all wondering whether 4 GB would suffice and people were saying "who the hell would ever fill 8 GB on their phone?". Everyday, our needs are changing, we're doing more on the go, and file sizes are becoming larger as things become more complex. Unless money is tight, I recommend spending the extra $50 to double storage. Unused space is a good thing and you shouldn't even consider that a shame. Finding out later that you don't have enough space because your needs changed though would be a regret.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I think the bigger shame would be getting into more complex apps/games, taking more pictures, etc. and running out of space quicker than expected. Look at it this way, a couple years ago, we were all wondering whether 4 GB would suffice and people were saying "who the hell would ever fill 8 GB on their phone?". Everyday, our needs are changing, we're doing more on the go, and file sizes are becoming larger as things become more complex. Unless money is tight, I recommend spending the extra $50 to double storage. Unused space is a good thing and you shouldn't even consider that a shame. Finding out later that you don't have enough space because your needs changed though would be a regret.

Posted via Android Central App

Good point, indeed. The plan is to stick with this device for as long as possible, and to be good to it. I take care of my current phone, of course, but I just can't stand TouchWiz stickiness and the bloatware. I look forward to more speed and smoothness that comes with stock.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Good point, indeed. The plan is to stick with this device for as long as possible, and to be good to it. I take care of my current phone, of course, but I just can't stand TouchWiz stickiness and the bloatware. I look forward to more speed and smoothness that comes with stock.

Can't say I blame you. But yeah, especially if you plan on sticking with the Nexus 6 for as long as possible, go with the increased storage even if you may never use it.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Can't say I blame you. But yeah, especially if you plan on sticking with the Nexus 6 for as long as possible, go with the increased storage even if you may never use it.

I figure it has a good processor, the screen is obviously big enough, solid build quality, and it's the first to get updates. You can't ask for more when the basics are more than adequate.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Alright, so I just got back from the AT&T store after playing with a Nexus 6 test unit. All I can say is, WOW. I have small hands, so this phone is HUGE. In essence, it would be a mini tablet for me. The sound quality is absolutely awesome. It's right there behind the M8, to me. I didn't notice any lag on the test unit, nor did I see the supposed pink tint I was worried about, so that made me happy. Boy, is Midnight Blue is an absolute finger print and oil magnet, however. Very solidly built phone. Hopefully, the unit I order for use on T-Mobile will be a go. It'll be the 64 GB Cloud White version this coming spring. I'm excited.