Cases For G2 - All Carriers - Listed w/Links & Pics

VTO

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey Gordo Allinson I think if you email spigen they can sell it to you separately, they sell them separately for other phones so I don't see why it would be different for the G2

JozayG2

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I am in the UK and many of these cases are unavailable but I was wondering if there are any decent cases with a lip around the edges of the screen, I was looking at the Spigen case but the lip looks pretty small so I doubt this would raise it off the table much if I laid it down flat, any recommendations?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am in the UK and many of these cases are unavailable but I was wondering if there are any decent cases with a lip around the edges of the screen, I was looking at the Spigen case but the lip looks pretty small so I doubt this would raise it off the table much if I laid it down flat, any recommendations?

The Spigen SlimArmour actually does have a lip that will raise it off the table:

20140226_160827_zps7432bd1a.jpg

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I way thinking of getting this to keep the phone looking so sexy. Lol. Does it add bulk like a lot

Sent from the sexy LG G2

It does not add too much bulk. If there was one fault with this case is that the sides are really hard, and it's not the most comfortable feel in your hand.
(I alternate between this case and the TMobile D30 Impact Shell LG G2 D3O Impact Shell - Smoke | T-Mobile)

jwgeist

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Just ordered the Incipio Dual Pro (Verizon). This will be my first case ever on a smartphone (coming from a Droid, Droid X, and HTC Rezound) as this thing just feels too sleek and sexy to keep naked. The slippery back just feels like I'm playing with fire when I take it out of my pocket. I'm hoping the Dual Pro keeps it pretty slim, as it is one of the biggest selling points of the G2. I ordered through Staples for $20 shipped. Wanted to go with somewhere that I could return it in store if I hate it, and it was also a very competitive price.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Went ahead and got the dual pro for sprint and incipio. Pretty nice case does take away from the beauty of the phone but not that bad feels great

Sent from the sexy LG G2

jwgeist

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
And my thoughts:

Just got myself the Incipio Dual Pro (Verizon) after going commando for the first 4 days of my life with the G2. It just felt so delicate without a case, so I felt like I had to try something, even though I'm generally a no-case kind of guy.

Looks and feels really great, and really makes the phone feel a little more substantial and safe in the hand when you're picking it up and setting it down. I like that the outside of the shell has a little bit of slickness, but a little bit of grippiness too. It goes in and out of my pants pockets fairly easily, although the silicone top and bottom do provide a bit of resistance. I absolutely LOVE the way it covers the buttons on my Verizon version, and makes them feel so much better to find and touch.

As far as bulkiness, it makes the G2 a little thicker than I'd hoped, but that's the price I'll have to pay for having a better tactile feel in the hand, and a bit of security, especially from random bumps and bruises. Will it survive a fall? I'd say may I increased my chances of surviving a fall by 50%, but still don't have high hopes if I drop it on concrete or anything. There's just a lot of screen on the G2 to potentially not shatter it to death in the event of a fall.

I ordered it on Staples online for $22 shipped. Arrived in less than 2 days with their standing shipping method. I'm still considering picking up the Incipio Feather to see if it feels better to me, but I'm gonna ride with the Dual Pro for a while first.

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the Feather, same material as the outer shell of the Dual Pro. It's a nice slim profile, not as thick as the Dual Pro and it helps the phone to not be as slippery as it is when it's naked. But it just doesn't feel protected to me in the Feather case. I feel like the Dual Pro gives it a better chance of surviving a drop.

Plus the covered buttons with the Dual Pro make it so much easier to use the buttons without smearing fingers all over the camera.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been rocking this one for the last few days and I really like it: Amazon.com: TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody Series TPU Protective Case for LG (LG G2 (T-Mobile & Sprint), Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I have small hands so I really needed something that didn't add bulk but still felt secure, and this one fits the bill perfectly. I also like how it looks, and like how the back is fairly grippy.

I had been using the folio case which I got when I bought the phone, but I found myself fumbling with it way too often and I was afraid that I'd eventually drop the phone. I also wished the folio case had more features for the window.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Toast for the Verizon version has been available for a while, and they just announced that the non-Verizon version is now available. They have great reviews if you are looking for something completely different than a regular case.
Here's the link if you want to check it out:
Android

gcogger

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have experience with this $1 case from eBay?
Ultra Thin Translucent Soft PC Phone Protector Case Cover Skin for LG G2 D802 | eBay
[/url]

Looks like it should fit all variants except the Verizon.

I have one from a different seller, that looks identical. Take this with a pinch of salt, though, as there's no guarantee it is the same.

I was surprised how well it fits - it's snug and the cutouts are in the right place. It covers the top and sides, although it leaves the bottom just a little exposed (better than other thin cases, though). The bottom edge is just a little rough, but a moment with a sharp blade sorted that out. It comes just far enough above the screen so that you can place the phone face down on a flat surface. The plastic feels a little cheap, but looks tough. It has a textured surface, but is not as grippy as it could be. That lack of grip is the one thing that bugs me about it, even if it's not too bad.

relish

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! You weren't clear, but it sounds like your expectations for being a simple thin case that doesn't add bulk is VERY satisfying?
I prefer my phones naked, but I'm not a fan of the smudgy back on it and is actually the only reason I chose this case.