Cases For G2 - All Carriers - Listed w/Links & Pics

betty_boop245

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a red Mercury Goospery jelly case on my G2. It's a very nice case, and is reasonably priced. I've tried a few others and keep going back to it. I also have a Goospery diary flip case for when I'm travelling

Posted via Android Central App on my awesome LG G2

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck with the third party quick window cases off ebay or amazon? There are a few for sub $10 but I am not sure if they would work correctly.

razr maxximus

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Although the first post has a reply from Otterbox stating that the Commuter series case does not fit the Verizon LG G2, my wife and I ordered one anyway to see how it does not fit.

While the case doesn't perfectly fit the curved back of the phone, it fits pretty well, and my wife likes the case and chose to keep it. You can't really tell the fit unless you look at it closely. All sensors are uncovered - camera, mic, speaker, etc all fit. Even though this case was made for the ATT/Sprint/TMobile versions of the phone which have differently sized back keys, the Otterbox still touches the Verizon keys perfectly.

I ordered the Incipio DualPro to compare it to the Otterbox and see which I liked better.

Yes. I can confirm that the Commuter works well for the Verizon version. The buttons feel good and my wife really wanted something good to protect hers.

VTO

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I've been looking at cases since I got this phone 2 weeks ago, narrowed it down to 3, spigen in the dark blue which I heard is a flat finish, Diztronic or the Incipio Dual pro, any suggestions? still unsure why the Spigen case has that odd cut out on the top.

j14woods

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking at cases since I got this phone 2 weeks ago, narrowed it down to 3, spigen in the dark blue which I heard is a flat finish, Diztronic or the Incipio Dual pro, any suggestions? still unsure why the Spigen case has that odd cut out on the top.

I have the Diztronic case and I really like it. It doesn't add to much bulk to the phone and the matte black looks sweet.

Posted via Android Central App

kabelace

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

I believe the cut out is for the TV antenna, I have read elsewere that the G2 sold in Korea has a TV tuner app and with the antenna you can watch over the air broadcasts

kabelace

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Really glad the Seidio Surface case and holster are available now. I've had them for both my OG EVO and my EVO 4g LTE and absolutely love them!!

Just recieved this case and Holster from Shopandroid with the valentine day sale, Have one for my BB and I am happy with it for that phone. Only problem is now that it is on the phone I CAN NOT GET THE DAM THING OFF!, fits good and sits nice in the holster, but there are times when I want the phone in my Otterbox Defender (working on Construction sites) can't do that now as I can not get the Seidio Surface to unlock to pull it apart. I am applying so much force I'm afraid that I will damage the phone

VTO

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Ended up picking a spigen case, the metal slate case, got a good deal off amazon and spigen directly gave me a discount.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just recieved this case and Holster from Shopandroid with the valentine day sale, Have one for my BB and I am happy with it for that phone. Only problem is now that it is on the phone I CAN NOT GET THE DAM THING OFF!, fits good and sits nice in the holster, but there are times when I want the phone in my Otterbox Defender (working on Construction sites) can't do that now as I can not get the Seidio Surface to unlock to pull it apart. I am applying so much force I'm afraid that I will damage the phone

Dang, I just tried too, wonder if they put super glue in there? I'm going to write to Seidio and see what they say. Never had this happen with their other cases.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Dang, I just tried too, wonder if they put super glue in there? I'm going to write to Seidio and see what they say. Never had this happen with their other cases.

OK, just got it off now pressing down on the ridges with my pointer finger, squeezing the sides of the top together and wiggling the bottom from side to side.

Did I find super glue inside? No, but I did find something that leaves me feeling dumb. I never removed the plastic "bumpers" that were wrapped around the edges of my G2. Now that in took those off I can get it on and off with ease. Did you by chance leave these on too?

systemind

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm torn between the ballistic and the spigen slim armor. I really love how the red slim armor looks but I've heard it's super slippery and I don't know how bad that can be while jogging. Think I'm going with ballistic first and eventually get the spigen

VTO

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what color is your phone, but the slate metallic spigen slim armor case is a flat color which makes it easier to grip and it's not a finger print magnet, just something to think about.

systemind

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the g2 yet will get it in two weeks though. I'm just researching options first. Is the spigen good at protection? Probably not as tough as the ballistic

VTO

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I have not had experienced the Ballistic case but it looks pretty solid especially with the raised corners, the spigen one protects very well, but I am in agreement with you, possibly not the same as the Ballistic case, for me the design is what helped me make the decision and also the fact that spigen gave me a discount, but if you want protection over looks, then Ballistic looks like the way to go

djchru

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched from the Spigen (too bulky and slippery) to the MPERO S-Curve thin case and haven't looked back. The case is super-thin, fits great, has nice texture on the back, and - most importantly - the grippy strips on the sides are huge plus in daily use. Definitely my favorite case.
EDIT: I have the AT&T version.

VTO

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I received my Spigen Metal Slate case, It is really sick, it's a dark flat blue type of color that feel nice to hold and grips just fine, it's not a finger print magnet and it doesn't feel very bulky, then again I was using a Cruzerlite spi-force case, it has the awkward antenna cut out which we do not have here in the U.S. so I'm hoping they can fix that, but over all, really happy with this case.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can buy the shell from the Spigen Slim Armour seperately? I just fancy mixing up the colours but don't want to spend full whack on entire new cases as the coloured part is removeable. Cheers.

kabelace

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
OK, just got it off now pressing down on the ridges with my pointer finger, squeezing the sides of the top together and wiggling the bottom from side to side.

Did I find super glue inside? No, but I did find something that leaves me feeling dumb. I never removed the plastic "bumpers" that were wrapped around the edges of my G2. Now that in took those off I can get it on and off with ease. Did you by chance leave these on too?

Well finally I was able to remove the Seidio Case, Had to push the 2 halves together and then push down on the fingure patch and then pull apart. No I did not leave any of the plastic strips on, Seidio must make these case to a very fine tolerance as there is very little play between the case and the phone. Just happy I can use the Otter Box now when I need it. and use the Seidio Surface for every day use. Like the Surface as I got the holster/belt clip to go with it. Could not find a proper holster to fit the phone with the Spigen Slim Armour case, only draw back that I had with that case.