MIME offers Tempered Glass

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I buy a ivoler tempered screen protector on Amazon can stick to the screen well, and it's easy to install,lifetime replacement program,I doubt whether MIME tempered glass have the same quality compared with the ivoler ones?

MIME is better. Higher quality control. I've tried ivoler and the halo effect was bad and varied on 3 different protectors.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Quick update: Protector arrived today and I installed. I'll use a bit today and it'll get tested since I'm on a painting job and I'll get back with impressions. First impression is it went on easy and was easy to get evenly adhered. The unit is just slightly smaller than the screen and has only one small cutout, at center top, I presume for the proximity sensor. It feels good and I get good feedback from the phone, a lot better than from using the OEM Otterbox protector installed. That protector was easy to release from the top case and the case installed without incident.

Unknown whether it's worth 25 bucks but so far I'm satisfied.

Since you mentioned the Otterbox, I don't have this tempered glass (i got iVoler), but I found my Otterbox plastic shield over the top bubbled too much. Everything had to be done by thumb force for me; finger force wouldn't swipe or anything. So I popped it off and use the case. Everything is great, and I have a protective screen that can easily be replaced if/when it scratches too much, unlike the Otterbox screen pretty much being screwed and forcing you to buy a new one.

Anyone else do this?

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
So I thought I would give the Mime a try and I am glad I did. I think I can now stop my search for a quality made glass screen protector.
(I pulled off my iVoler to try this one out. I was happy with the iVoler but there was some halo around the top left corner that just kept bugging me. The rest of it was fine.)
Compared to the iVoler the Mime is cut a hair smaller all around. They did a great job on the sides, It fits the Turbo perfect. The top is fine except for a tiny spot on the right edge of the camera. Its a little bubble that has actually gotten smaller then when It was first installed. I'm hoping with a little time that will smooth out all the way. The bottom fits great no lifting and no halo. I do think they could have even made the bottom cut a little bigger to come down more on the screen. (the iVoler I had came down almost all the way to the mic's with no lifting)

All and all I am really happy. The feel is good and almost no finger prints. Any smudges or prints that do show come right off with a wipe of the sleeve.

Here are some pictures to get an idea of the fit. Pictures were taken with my old Razr Maxx HD. It was rather hard to get a good clear picture of the edge of the protector. In some of the pictures it looks to be slight halo going on but I can assure you this is just the reflection of the sun coming through my window.

IMG_20150203_164346_777.jpg
IMG_20150203_164447_225.jpg
IMG_20150203_164523_192.jpg
IMG_20150203_164726_014.jpg

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So I thought I would give the Mime a try and I am glad I did. I think I can now stop my search for a quality made glass screen protector.
(I pulled off my iVoler to try this one out. I was happy with the iVoler but there was some halo around the top left corner that just kept bugging me. The rest of it was fine.)
Compared to the iVoler the Mime is cut a hair smaller all around. They did a great job on the sides, It fits the Turbo perfect. The top is fine except for a tiny spot on the right edge of the camera. Its a little bubble that has actually gotten smaller then when It was first installed. I'm hoping with a little time that will smooth out all the way. The bottom fits great no lifting and no halo. I do think they could have even made the bottom cut a little bigger to come down more on the screen. (the iVoler I had came down almost all the way to the mic's with no lifting)

All and all I am really happy. The feel is good and almost no finger prints. Any smudges or prints that do show come right off with a wipe of the sleeve.

Here are some pictures to get an idea of the fit. Pictures were taken with my old Razr Maxx HD. It was rather hard to get a good clear picture of the edge of the protector. In some of the pictures it looks to be slight halo going on but I can assure you this is just the reflection of the sun coming through my window.

View attachment 161766
View attachment 161767
View attachment 161768
View attachment 161769

Thank you! I'm glad to see my post has helped. :)

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you think the glass would work with a Otterbox Defender or Commuter?

Posted via the Android Central App
It will work with the commuter case with no problems.
I have a friend who has an iVoler on his phone with the defender case. You would need to remove the built in plastic screen protector first, but the Mime glass is a little shorter at the bottom and this might be a problem. It might come into contact with the lower part of the case that comes up onto the screen. The iVoler goes right under that part and doesn't cause any issue.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes the bottom two corners of the Defender case to contact the glass but I don't notice any adverse effects. Now in use around a week and I've pretty much forgotten that the glass is even on the screen.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my MIME Ghost Glass today so I should have it next week. :)

Thanks for all the posts here showing it fits great.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my MIME but I can't put it on until I get a replacement with a working speaker. I still love the packaging.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to order another MIME protector. I was installing it and my brothers nice cat jumped on me and messed me up. This happened just as I pulled the tab off so I ended up with cat hair under the protector.

Unfortunately, I can't be upset with her.

Attachments

• 1423623390160.jpg
    1423623390160.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 37

Erick Garnica

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I ordered it today and let's see how it goes when I install it and use it for a while. The three main competitors in best tempered glass for the turbo is the ivoler, mime, and xtreme guard

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 161766
View attachment 161767
View attachment 161768
View attachment 161769

So if I'm seeing this correctly you went almost as high as possible and left extra room on the bottom? Can you take a direct picture overhead so the front camera shows perfectly and isn't obscured? I ask because I had to order a new one due to my brothers cat and I want to ensure proper alignment of this one. Even if the bottom lifts it throws the whole thing off top go bottom is incorrect.

Edit - actually one of your pictures is real good. Am I right that you basically used the camera edge as a guide?

Thank you!

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
So if I'm seeing this correctly you went almost as high as possible and left extra room on the bottom? Can you take a direct picture overhead so the front camera shows perfectly and isn't obscured? I ask because I had to order a new one due to my brothers cat and I want to ensure proper alignment of this one. Even if the bottom lifts it throws the whole thing off top go bottom is incorrect.

Edit - actually one of your pictures is real good. Am I right that you basically used the camera edge as a guide?

Thank you!

Yes I used the camera as the edge guide. I aligned the top of the glass to sit at the top edge of the camera.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
The best way to put on a screen protector is before you take off the protective tabs is to tape the one edge like a page on a book to the phone. Close and open the "page" to make sure it lines up with where you want it.
Then go into the bathroom and run hot water to make the room a little steamy (this helps knock down the air born dust). Take the back protective tab off and fold the screen protector on. After stuck peel the top one off if it has one.
If you find some small speck under screen take a piece of masking tape, lift the edge up and slide the tape in with the sticky side facing the speck and get it by pressing the screen protector back in place. Hopefully and usually the speck will come out with the tape.

Erick Garnica

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
The best way to put on a screen protector is before you take off the protective tabs is to tape the one edge like a page on a book to the phone. Close and open the "page" to make sure it lines up with where you want it.
Then go into the bathroom and run hot water to make the room a little steamy (this helps knock down the air born dust). Take the back protective tab off and fold the screen protector on. After stuck peel the top one off if it has one.
If you find some small speck under screen take a piece of masking tape, lift the edge up and slide the tape in with the sticky side facing the speck and get it by pressing the screen protector back in place. Hopefully and usually the speck will come out with the tape.

I'll follow that when I get my mime and I saw that it has this purple film which is meant to take out all dust and what not from the screen prior to putting on the glass

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Been my method all along. :)