MIME offers Tempered Glass

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Who wants to get one and try it? Please, please!! :)

I started with the Extreme Guard... that was terrible. Then tried the .3mm iVoler.... that was bad. Now I'm using the .2mm iVoler and that is... Ok.
I'm happy with my iVoler but I'm always looking for new and better products. But who know's if this one is better....

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Who wants to get one and try it? Please, please!! :)

I started with the Extreme Guard... that was terrible. Then tried the .3mm iVoler.... that was bad. Now I'm using the .2mm iVoler and that is... Ok.
I'm happy with my iVoler but I'm always looking for new and better products. But who know's if this one is better....

I am not risking it because like you I've tried both iVoler and Extreme. Both were unacceptable so I am not using any protector. I emailed MIME to ask if the edges were cut to support this or not.

cbironman24

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I am not risking it because like you I've tried both iVoler and Extreme. Both were unacceptable so I am not using any protector. I emailed MIME to ask if the edges were cut to support this or not.
This one is a little to pricey to just rip my current iVoler off to try. Let us know what they say when they get back to you.

guitarmageddon

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
TBH I've got the Verizon branded one I got from their store and its been great. No issues to speak of but I'm not sure if there is any animosity towards it in forumland though

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
TBH I've got the Verizon branded one I got from their store and its been great. No issues to speak of but I'm not sure if there is any animosity towards it in forumland though

Verizon's Flexible Glass doesn't feel anywhere near glass compared to the real tempered glass protectors. They also attract finger prints similar to plastic protectors from my experience. Besides that, the fit is poor but I'm willing to accept that size if its the only way for no Haloing.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Defender on my Turbo and moisture under the OEM plastic protector has been an occasional problem impeding fuctionality of the capacitive buttons as well as screen sensitivity to finger movements. It's not a phone problem, rather an environmental problem, but one I have to deal with every day. I've been waiting to replace that plastic cover with a real glass cover and, since it appears Zagg isn't going to do anything, I think I'll give this one a try. In my line of work I can make anything fit anything so I'm not worried about that part, just being able to consistently and easily use the phone and have it protected in the work environment. I'll read up on the company and, if their products generally have positive reviews, will order. Thanks for the heads-up.

Update, read the reviews for a similar product on Amazon for the Nexus 5 and went ahead and ordered on the linked web site. They have a free shipping coupon and no tax so 24.95 and item is listed as being in stock. Guess I'll know how things go in 2-5 days.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Defender on my Turbo and moisture under the OEM plastic protector has been an occasional problem impeding fuctionality of the capacitive buttons as well as screen sensitivity to finger movements. It's not a phone problem, rather an environmental problem, but one I have to deal with every day. I've been waiting to replace that plastic cover with a real glass cover and, since it appears Zagg isn't going to do anything, I think I'll give this one a try. In my line of work I can make anything fit anything so I'm not worried about that part, just being able to consistently and easily use the phone and have it protected in the work environment. I'll read up on the company and, if their products generally have positive reviews, will order. Thanks for the heads-up.

Update, read the reviews for a similar product on Amazon for the Nexus 5 and went ahead and ordered on the linked web site. They have a free shipping coupon and no tax so 24.95 and item is listed as being in stock. Guess I'll know how things go in 2-5 days.

Let us know how it goes!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Response from MIME regarding the fit

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for checking us out! Due to the curvature of the Droid Turbo screen, our glass protectors maximize protection of the device by extending to the very edges of the flat surface area of the screen to minimize the halo effect. Hope this helps, and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help!

Best,
MIME

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Quick update: Protector arrived today and I installed. I'll use a bit today and it'll get tested since I'm on a painting job and I'll get back with impressions. First impression is it went on easy and was easy to get evenly adhered. The unit is just slightly smaller than the screen and has only one small cutout, at center top, I presume for the proximity sensor. It feels good and I get good feedback from the phone, a lot better than from using the OEM Otterbox protector installed. That protector was easy to release from the top case and the case installed without incident.

Unknown whether it's worth 25 bucks but so far I'm satisfied.

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Quick update: Protector arrived today and I installed. I'll use a bit today and it'll get tested since I'm on a painting job and I'll get back with impressions. First impression is it went on easy and was easy to get evenly adhered. The unit is just slightly smaller than the screen and has only one small cutout, at center top, I presume for the proximity sensor. It feels good and I get good feedback from the phone, a lot better than from using the OEM Otterbox protector installed. That protector was easy to release from the top case and the case installed without incident.

Are you talking about the Otterbox Defender case?

Posted via the Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

MIME is a lot like Zagg Glass so to me it would be worth it. Especially if it doesn't cause a Halo effect like every other one.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking about the Otterbox Defender case?

Affirmative. Just got back from the painting job and the main plus I noticed was no sweat buildup inhibiting function like with the old Defender plastic cover. So far, satisfied. However, I'm a blue collar phone guy so not nearly as discriminating as some on these forums. I would hold out for a more comprehensive and critical review. Me, I just throw the thing in my coveralls and go to work.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Affirmative. Just got back from the painting job and the main plus I noticed was no sweat buildup inhibiting function like with the old Defender plastic cover. So far, satisfied. However, I'm a blue collar phone guy so not nearly as discriminating as some on these forums. I would hold out for a more comprehensive and critical review. Me, I just throw the thing in my coveralls and go to work.

Do you see any lifting at all? I know you said it went on evenly.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I can't tell the glass shield is even on the phone. I'm looking at it under light right now and I can see the edges of it but that's it.