Mirroring phone to TV

D_Newton_777

Oct 7, 2022
Visit site
Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy A12 (getting soon that is) and it does not have Smart View. Do you know of any other apps that would replace smart view and mirror my phone to my TV? Thank you.

D_Newton_777

Oct 7, 2022
Visit site
That might work but I only have 10 gigs a month in the mobile hotspot. 50 gigs on normal data. So watching hulu would chew it up quick. I'm still going to find a way. Never give up....... thought about trying an hdmi port in my TV directly from my phone. ?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
That might work but I only have 10 gigs a month in the mobile hotspot. 50 gigs on normal data. So watching hulu would chew it up quick. I'm still going to find a way. Never give up....... thought about trying an hdmi port in my TV directly from my phone. ?

Only some USB C ports support video out and to my knowledge Samsung only provides it on their flagship phones. I'm surprised your phone doesn't have smart view, it used to be standard on all Samsung phones unless they deemed the specs too low to handle it.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Fwhat-is-samsung-smart-view%2F&token=HJwt6Gor

Do you have a Samsung TV. I also think you need wifi.
I don't use a Samsung. I also don't have home wifi, but 160gb data with full tethering.

In my case I can run a Chromecast 2 on a now old Panasonic Plasma TV that does not have wifi on board; or when I'm staying at a hotel chain (Samsung TV's but irrelevant).

I can run the Chromecast off my Hotspot data MOST of the time now, although having a second phone as I do also tethered to the main phone does make it easier and works every time.

I still need the almost unlimited tethering, where you currently have only 10gb available. I think you would need a Samsung S series phone and a HDMI - USB C cable, or get a Hotspot allowance increase. I'm in the UK and most allow you to use the full allowance. If you're not stuck on a long plan you can't change, you could be SOL as said; but I could be wrong.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Fwhat-is-samsung-smart-view%2F&token=Oq8mlQbD

Do you have a Samsung TV. I also think you need wifi.
I don't use a Samsung. I also don't have home wifi, but 160gb data with full tethering.

In my case I can run a Chromecast 2 on a now old Panasonic Plasma TV that does not have wifi on board; or when I'm staying at a hotel chain (Samsung TV's but irrelevant).

I can run the Chromecast off my Hotspot data MOST of the time now, although having a second phone as I do also tethered to the main phone does make it easier and works every time.

I still need the almost unlimited tethering, where you currently have only 10gb available. I think you would need a Samsung S series phone and a HDMI - USB C cable, or get a Hotspot allowance increase. I'm in the UK and most allow you to use the full allowance. If you're not stuck on a long plan you can't change, you could be SOL as said; but I could be wrong.

It's only Google Chromecast that requires WiFi, anything with Miracast(universal standard used by Samsung, LG, Amazon, Microsoft, Roku, etc) allows direct screen mirroring. Google and Apple decided to make proprietary junk instead of using a universal standard and thus require a WiFi connection.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Now I am confused about what you are trying to do. One way or another you are going to have to chew mobile data to use a streaming service. What am I missing?