Missing the numbered circles on app icons

krauster

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 4. I recently updated to 5.0.1 to 5.1.1, and then when it seemed kind of slow I did a full reset, and also started running the google launcher rather Touchwiz. It seems a while back that on apps like Messages, WhatsApp, and Visual Voicemail, and probably the email apps, I had small circles with numbers in them that would be at the top left or right (can't which side) of the icons of the apps. The numbers indicating a message not looked at yet. Without that I have to rely on the popup notifications that I sometimes miss.

When I go into each apps settings I can make changes to Notifications but I think that doesn't set the number in a circle to appear on the icon. Is there a general android setting for this? Is it a touchwiz versus google launcher thing?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a Google Launcher user so I'm not sure but Google Launcher may not supports launcher icon badges out of the box. You may have to change back to Touchwiz's default launcher or go with Nova Launcher and use the Tesla Unread add-in. There's most likely other launchers that support unread counts too, I'm just not familiar with any since I stick with Nova.

Last edited:

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If you're using Nova, get Tesla unread app. For me, for some reason it always says I have 4 unread messages.

Posted via the Android Central App

tjplatt2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Is there something special you have to do after downloading tesla undread? I just downloaded because I wasn't receiving my icons either but I still can't seem to get them to work

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there something special you have to do after downloading tesla undread? I just downloaded because I wasn't receiving my icons either but I still can't seem to get them to work

Turn it on within the Nova settings

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74