Missing videos from SD Card

gimmeyoshoez

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I recorded about 15 videos over the weekend that are nowhere to be found on my SD card. I had about 30gb of free space available so I know it isn't a capacity issue. I also know that I was recording because the flashing red light was on the camera indicating that it was recording (I also pressed the "stop" button when I was finished, not pause).

I plugged in my SD card straight into my computer and could not find the videos anywhere. They weren't in my usual DCIM folder, and my LOST.DIR folder is empty. Any suggestions would definitely appreciated! Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! To be clear, those videos aren't on Internal Storage, right? It's hard to say what happened if they were supposed to be on the external SD--there might have been some kind of corruption problem, which is not all that unusual on Samsung devices. When you plug the SD into your computer, how much free space does it say it has?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I recorded about 15 videos over the weekend that are nowhere to be found on my SD card. I had about 30gb of free space available so I know it isn't a capacity issue. I also know that I was recording because the flashing red light was on the camera indicating that it was recording (I also pressed the "stop" button when I was finished, not pause).

I plugged in my SD card straight into my computer and could not find the videos anywhere. They weren't in my usual DCIM folder, and my LOST.DIR folder is empty. Any suggestions would definitely appreciated! Thanks!

As the other poster said---they may be in internal storage.

Also, how big is your card? Sometimes with Win Explorer I find oddities where I click on a directory and it says "nothing there." Even when there is something there. I hit refresh, or check with the native File Explorer on the phone--everything is fine. Windows does not always seem 100% compatible with these very large capacity cards when read via the phone being mounted as a hard drive.

gimmeyoshoez

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response guys. Nowhere to be found on internal storage. It's a 60gb external hard drive and has about 30gb of free space.

Would really hate to chalk it up as a loss and a corruption issue, but at this point it seems more likely than not =\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused--you're referring to an external hard drive when talking about internal storage. We're taking about the device's "Internal SD," the onboard storage. Do you have a device with 64 GB of onboard storage?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

gimmeyoshoez

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm confused--your referring to an external hard drive when talking about internal storage. We're taking about the device's "Internal SD," the onboard storage. Do you have a device with 64 GB of onboard storage?

Posted via Android Central App

Sorry let me be clear up any confusion. I'm using a Samsung S4 and have all my photos/recorded media to be saved to my 64gb Sandisk microSD card.

I noticed a bit of a trend here since it happened this last weekend as well. It seems that everytime my cell phone battery dies (100% charge to 0%) I lose all my pictures/video recordings for that day. Again, not 100% sure if this is the root cause, but a trend I have noticed.

I checked my 'local storage', files saved to the actual phone, and there weren't any pictures/videos found.

I'm attempting to locate the missing files on my microSD via a File Recovery software.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939