Modify pinned note

beurnii

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
So I have a question about the note7. We can takes a note while the display is off, but can we then take those note, modify them and repin it to the always on display?

If i'm doing a list of something, and I want to keep it on the always on display for the convenance, I want to be able to modify this list and still keeping it on the always on display

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Why? It's super easy! Granted, the phone doesn't offer much in terms of instructions, but it's still easy. First, make sure that AOD is activated and that the screen-off memo is also active (in your S-Pen settings). Ready?
OK. Now, with the screen off, just take out your S-Pen. Take a note. See that pin icon on top? Tap it. Done! Pinned to the display!

ShiftTab

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
There's no way for the pinned note to be on display without AOD on, is this correct?

My only thoughts on AOD is the battery consumption (yes, even with 1%/hour). My hopes was AOD wouldn't have to be on and you could still display a note in AOD. Reason being, I don't want AOD (clock, date) displaying due to battery consumption and would only want the note to display only when created.

So in short, only display the pinned note without AOD details. If there's no note, AOD will not show.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, doesn't work like that. The pinned note needs AOD, not the other way around. And like we've discussed here, you can only pin an 'screen-off memo' to AOD, not an existing note.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko