Moto G4 with Ne10tBYOP Verizon is a no go

cjoler

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Finally decided to update my original Verizon Moto G to the current unlocked Moto G4 being promoted for Amazon Prime members. Got the phone today and tried to activate the IMEI on the Net10BYOP site and only had the option of AT&T or T-Mobile. Called to try it by phone and was told the IMEI wasn't eligible for the program. Amazon suggests buying/activating the phone with that very activation kit (which includes both GSM and CDMA sims) so a huge letdown for me.

To add insult to injury, the phone doesn't show up in the Amazon purchases that I am allowed to review. :mad:

Just thought I'd pass the info along for others that only have the option of the Verizon network. Will update this if anything changes.

cjoler

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Moto G4 with NetBYOP Verizon is a no go

ATT and TMO are so-so since I live out in the sticks, but the building I work in only gets Verizon reception. I've learned today - via Amazon reviews - that if you put an active Verizon sim into the phone and manually change the phone over to CDMA then it will work. That doesn't help me though because the Verizon phone I am using doesn't have a sim. :(

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto G4 with NetBYOP Verizon is a no go

ATT and TMO are so-so since I live out in the sticks, but the building I work in only gets Verizon reception. I've learned today - via Amazon reviews - that if you put an active Verizon sim into the phone and manually change the phone over to CDMA then it will work. That doesn't help me though because the Verizon phone I am using doesn't have a sim. :(

Could you just order a SIM from Verizon?

stanleywinthrop

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and all I did was take the SIM card from the iPhone 5s and put it in the G4...it booted up without a problem :)

Yeah this the way to go. Just swap Sims. Taking an unlocked phone to a Verizon affiliated store apparently makes brains melt.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mistizoom

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I was able to activate a Moto G4 on Tracfone yesterday no problem with a CDMA SIM on Verizon towers (both Tracfone and Net 10 are under the same parent company). I think it may have taken a bit to get the IMEIs on the Verizon whitelist according to another forum I am on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authority_Institute