Moto X (2nd Gen) Pure Edition XT1095: 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.11.6)

osiris355

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm perfectly happy with the camera. But there are no improvements in lollipop. Just managing expectations.

😊

Wrong. Lollipop gives the ability for camera apps to access the raw image file which was not the case before. Yes the camera app will nead to be optimized to take advantage but once it is this will be huge.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife has moto x pure edition on to with no lollipop update either. If they pulled update, why not be more transparent and let us know?

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My Moto X Pure Edition may have been one of the earliest devices to announce that they were pushing a lollipop update, but it certainly doesn't look like it will actually get lollipop any time soon. Been a week, I believe, since the OTA was supposed to roll out and the official word appears to be that it is still rolling out.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife has moto x pure edition on to with no lollipop update either. If they pulled update, why not be more transparent and let us know?

I don't think they've pulled the update so much as paused it or slowed it down. If they actually pulled it for bugs, they would make an announcement to that effect. Given how fast the soak test happened, I think they're just being careful.

Petero1818

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to Moto CS today telling them I had not received the OTA and wanting info and at first they said to me that it was only a soak test released. When I pointed out the Moto web page that says otherwise, they said that they are releasing it in stages, and there was no telling how long it would take to receive.

ChillyMutt

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I know several Nexus 5 owners that got the update yesterday. Gone from impatient to now - angry. Wish they would just communicate status and process. This is pretty ridiculous. Switched from iOS to Android KitKat 7 days ago. Really don't want to tweak my phone and learn a lot of KitKat stuff just to have to relearn Lollipop in a day ... or 2 days ... or a week ... or month ???

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I know several Nexus 5 owners that got the update yesterday. Gone from impatient to now - angry. Wish they would just communicate status and process. This is pretty ridiculous. Switched from iOS to Android KitKat 7 days ago. Really don't want to tweak my phone and learn a lot of KitKat stuff just to have to relearn Lollipop in a day ... or 2 days ... or a week ... or month ???
I can assure you that lollipop does not have a significantly higher learning curve versus kitkat, if any. Also, while lollipop comes with a lot of hype, it's not substantially better than kitkat. In fact, there are a few bugs with it that don't exist on kitkat.

My suggestion is to enjoy the last few days you have on kitkat. You may even be lucky enough to receive a more polished version of lollipop if Motorola decides to update their latest version.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
You may even be lucky enough to receive a more polished version of lollipop if Motorola decides to update their latest version.

When is that going to happen? I can't wait for it with this buggy OS.. I used to complain a lot on various forms about various issues, but now I dunno which one to complain.. I'm working with a crippled OS.. I feel I'm better off without getting the update for a few days and then getting it all problems solved..

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry, I worded that wrong. With my short time with Lollipop, I didn't see anything amazing there. I only saw things that I didn't like: the UI and the poor bluetooth performance. Even if the bluetooth were working fine, the UI alone is very unattractive (IMO!). I'm back on KK and I'm content.
I won't be updating my phone to 5.0 any time soon.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I liked the UI.. It looks clean and less techy.

It's the other functionality flaws I get annoyed with. I hope they fix it soon..

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
When is that going to happen? I can't wait for it with this buggy OS.. I used to complain a lot on various forms about various issues, but now I dunno which one to complain.. I'm working with a crippled OS.. I feel I'm better off without getting the update for a few days and then getting it all problems solved..
We don't know if or when this will happen. I'm just speculating.

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm very annoyed. I am sure the bugs would bother me a bit, but I was ready for them. I choose the pure edition for fast updates. Moto announced that it was available. It wasn't. I have no problem waiting a month or two after it releases. But don't say you have lollipop when you don't. Either it's out or it isn't

Posted via the Android Central App

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm very annoyed. I am sure the bugs would bother me a bit, but I was ready for them. I choose the pure edition for fast updates. Moto announced that it was available. It wasn't. I have no problem waiting a month or two after it releases. But don't say you have lollipop when you don't. Either it's out or it isn't

Posted via the Android Central App

Instead of complaining why don't you just sideload the OTA? the file has been out on XDA for a couple weeks.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
My suggestion as I've been saying again and again... Don't rush up for the update.. From what I hear some people have got the update and some people don't. Even a friend's nexus 5 got one just yesterday.. If Motorola had stopped, it's probably because they faced some issues.. I'm hoping that's what happened and they are working to fix it right now.

Motorola has some over writing to do on the stock android. IMO they don't do it well.. Attentive display still doesn't work for me! It works for sometime after I clear the system cache.. But stops working after a while... And that's just one of the many issues. Priority interruptions doesn't work for WhatsApp.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Agreed! When I got my Nexus 4 it had the first edition of JB (which seems to have had a smoother launch) I used my old ZTE with ICS when I was on my travels as JB was so terrible.
I will happily wait for the first bug update before installing, some say the same with Windows, always wait for the first service pack!
I want stability.

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If they stopped the OTA they should say "we stopped the OTA because of bugs." If you go to Moto's website it says that lollipop is available by OTA. They made that announcement so they could get publicity as being the first major phone released in the U.S. to do it. And they got it. It was covered in all the tech blogs. But it simply wasn't true. Sure I could side load it, but why should I have to. I just want the company to be up front and state that lollipop is not available by OTA for the Moto X Pure edition at this time. I'll happily wait for an OTA, the phone is terrific as is, I just prefer honesty to publicity stunts.

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
If they stopped the OTA they should say "we stopped the OTA because of bugs." If you go to Moto's website it says that lollipop is available by OTA. They made that announcement so they could get publicity as being the first major phone released in the U.S. to do it. And they got it. It was covered in all the tech blogs. But it simply wasn't true. Sure I could side load it, but why should I have to. I just want the company to be up front and state that lollipop is not available by OTA for the Moto X Pure edition at this time. I'll happily wait for an OTA, the phone is terrific as is, I just prefer honesty to publicity stunts.
That's true. I think Motorola jumped the gun in this regard..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson