Moto X (2nd Gen) Verizon XT1096: 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.21.11)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Phone just popped up with 5.0

This makes getting it over waiting for the nexus 6 much more tempting... Now if only we knew how updates for the nexus would be handled, that would really make the decision easier.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Phone just popped up with 5.0

So, what was the point of the soak test? Non soak testers got it before I got did...

I'm right there with you! I think this soak test stuff is total bull [language removed by moderator ] This is the second time this has happened to me. A virtual waste of time, but being the good dude that I am, I will fill out their survey anyway I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmccracken42

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Update: Battery life went into the toilet yesterday. Wouldn't hold a charge for more than 7 hours and I wasn't even using the phone. Phone was constantly awake. I ended up factory resetting it last night. Working much better now. If fact it looks to be better than before the upgrade.

-Dennis-

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Update: Battery life went into the toilet yesterday. Wouldn't hold a charge for more than 7 hours and I wasn't even using the phone. Phone was constantly awake. I ended up factory resetting it last night. Working much better now. If fact it looks to be better than before the upgrade.

-Dennis-

Mine had decreased too. Debating a factory reset. Might try one later today. Thanks for the post!

Posted via the Android Central App

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

-Dennis-

It seems more people are having to do a factory reset with the Lollipop update than with KitKat, so I guess I'll be prepared to do it once AT&T sends Lollipop my way.

ISiddiqui

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

-Dennis-

Thanks for this post. Was debating a factory reset as well due to battery issues. This may clinch that.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Moto X(2014): Check for System Update

I bet Verizon pushed this so quickly so they could use it for a holiday sales promo.

Posted via Android Central App

Even if that were true, then if they hadn't pushed it, they'd catch flak for not pushing it out fast enough. Kind of a lose-lose scenario for them, isn't it? (And I'm no fan of them these days, either.)

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

Found a bug in the new update.. From a dark screen, try using Moto voice commands and do a "send a text message to (name) (message)".. It will open up the sms send screen but the notifications screen will also be there, going all wonky. This also happens for" send email" command.

Also, my phone rebooted twice while in my pocket yesterday.. Not sure if reset buttons were being pushed inadvertently while in my pocket or not, but that's the only time the phone has rebooted on me while in L.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
This thread has been VERY quiet, which I assume is good news. Is anyone having issues or problems with this release?

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Nope, no problems to report. I do use Action Launcher though, so it might be masking any launcher related bugs.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

I am having a problem with "google search has stopped" coming up on my phone. It has happened numerous times and I have cleared app data for google search and even FDR to no avail. The error will pop up and I hit ok and then the app icons on the home screen disappear. After a few seconds, they reappear and things start working again? What gives? Anyone else have any ideas? Is it google search or the lollipop update?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I am having a problem with "google search has stopped" coming up on my phone. It has happened numerous times and I have cleared app data for google search and even FDR to no avail. The error will pop up and I hit ok and then the app icons on the home screen disappear. After a few seconds, they reappear and things start working again? What gives? Anyone else have any ideas? Is it google search or the lollipop update?

This is a known bug as is the Moto Voice crashing when using it to dial outbound calls. Lollipop is actually quite buggy.

indygreg

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
On Exchange policy question:
My company has a pin or password policy (with a max timeout of autolock of 1 minute). On lollipop on moto x that policy is applied, but trusted device overrides it. If I have my pebble or LG G watch on and connected, I do not have to hit my pin. No matter how long screen has been off. If my watch is not connected, I have to enter PIN.
On boot you have to enter pin, even if watch is connected.

This was by far my favorite surprise for me on 5.0.

Our exchange is 2013. I do not know all our settings, so you mileage might vary.

indygreg

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
As of 3 days ago, I am getting a number of lockups on my Moto x with 5.0. Screen comes on, but nothing responds to touch. Not home button, not main screen, not pull down, etc. Power button turns screen on and off, but nothing works. Volume does not seem to work. Holding power button for 2 seconds shows power off pop up, but touching it does NOT show on screen (no press down color change) but it DOES reboot it most of the time.
It seems like it is happening while apps are updating. I have turned off auto update to see if that makes any difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrshea