Moto X Sprint KitKat is GO!

R3DD3V1L

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine for a few hours really not a lot to notice, but I do like the all white notification icons and no data arrows make for a nice overall look. Glad to hear but don't know for sure the Hangouts SMS-Visual Voicemail issue is fixed.

Posted via Motorola Moto X

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I received my update this morning. Just some initial thoughts on 4.4..........I don't see anything that has "improved". There are changes but I don't see improvements. The whole white theme on the dialer and other places is distracting and the dialer itself is cumbersome and not as easy to use as it was yesterday. It seems you can't just hit the phone icon to get to the dialer. You have to hit the phone icon which takes you to recent calls, then you have to find the dialer icon. Seems like another one of those useless Android improvements. Why white icons on the home screen notification bar? White eats battery life on Amoled screens. I have a lot of whys when it comes to 4.4. that I won't bother going into. The reason I wanted a Moto X is because it didn't have a lot of "useless improvements". I suppose I'll get used to this and eventually roll with it but for now.......... I am finding more to complain about than to praise.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I received my update this morning. Just some initial thoughts on 4.4..........I don't see anything that has "improved". There are changes but I don't see improvements.
Same here. But people say that eventually we should notice a significant battery improvement.
The whole white theme on the dialer and other places is distracting
Meh. I hated the Android Green. This looks different, but I will get used to it. I think it's kinda neutral and not too bad.
and the dialer itself is cumbersome and not as easy to use as it was yesterday. It seems you can't just hit the phone icon to get to the dialer. You have to hit the phone icon which takes you to recent calls, then you have to find the dialer icon. Seems like another one of those useless Android improvements.
Agree with you here. I really liked the old dialer, with giant buttons for frequent contacts. This one is okay, but seems less friendly. And it's hard to get to the full contact list.

Mine starts up with "frequent contacts", though, not recent calls. I can then get to recent calls or the dial pad with a second click.
Why white icons on the home screen notification bar? White eats battery life on Amoled screens.
There's apparently a reason for that -- they made the notification bar transparent (which is sort of attractive) and wanted the notifications to be a color that would show up on most backgrounds. The notifications are very small, and I doubt they eat much power. Also, the notifications are less animated, which preserves power, since the old ones took many more processing cycles than the new ones.
I have a lot of whys when it comes to 4.4. that I won't bother going into. The reason I wanted a Moto X is because it didn't have a lot of "useless improvements". I suppose I'll get used to this and eventually roll with it but for now.......... I am finding more to complain about than to praise.
Well, I'm glad Sprint was a little later than the other carriers. I had to download updates to several of my apps to cope with KitKat, but once I did that, everything seems to work fine. If we'd been first, we would have had broken apps for a while.