Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition: Battery Life Predictions

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is Battery Life Not Important?

Something to consider is this: Samsung and LG have a lot of extra stuff going on in the background. TW isn't exactly the lightest version of Android.

This is exactly right! We have to remember that the X Pure is not hampered by all the bloatware crap that runs in the background. So it's not slowly sucking the life out of your battery, even when you're not actually using the phone. And no Touchwiz!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I turn my phone off when I go to bed and charge it overnight. So I'm ready to go in the morning. Plus, I don't want to be disturbed when I'm sleeping.

No way I could do this. My cell phone is my only phone so if someone truly needed me they'd not be able to get a hold of me.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No way I could do this. My cell phone is my only phone so if someone truly needed me they'd not be able to get a hold of me.

My work schedule is so crazy, I need all the undisturbed sleep I can get. I only sleep via a series of naps anyway. Four hours at a time is about it.

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm still going with "if it lasts me a day, then it's OK". The real world test is gonna be my actual use.

Looking forward to 9/15.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Agree. My wife has a 2014 Moto X and has it in her hand a lot. :cool: When she plugs it in at night it still has 40-60% left.

ewak12321

Nov 13, 2013
plus.google.com
I think it will be similar to my s4 active. From what I remembered it was one of first mobile phones with fullhd I'm not sure, but I expect max 4,30h sot with very heavy use but after one year 4-3h

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems a given though we will get everything from: "Battery life SUCKS!" to "Battery life is AMAZING!". Battery life threads tend to be subjective comedy, so best to compare to your own device comparisons :) Looking forward to Anandtech and other more reputable site reports on the battery life.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

It will charge if you leave it on. Just limit what it will accept at night.

I know it'll charge if on. I never shut my phone off (just reboots). If i need to charge overnight I just plug in and pass out :).
That's also my situation.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Moto Actions takes care of that for you. ;)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
How does that work?

And to stay within the topic lol (just kidding) does this kind of stuff drain battery?

Reason I ask is because I know on my tablet having features like Eye Detection and S Pen detection etc hurts the battery a little. Then again Samsung is crap at software optimisation lol.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
How does that work?

And to stay within the topic lol (just kidding) does this kind of stuff drain battery?

Reason I ask is because I know on my tablet having features like Eye Detection and S Pen detection etc hurts the battery a little. Then again Samsung is crap at software optimisation lol.

There is a "sleeping" option that you can enable which will silence your phone during a selected time range. If someone calls you twice within 5 minutes it will go through, though (you can disable this). There is also an option to whitelist people to always be able to reach you. While this mode is on there is a persistent notification, and you can turn this mode off by pressing it. One of the many useful moto enhancements!

I can't imagine this using much battery at all, as there are no additional sensors or heavy monitoring involved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky