Motorola drops Xoom order, No more Xooms after June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFR

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
TO ALL: DNFTT

I have no issues with people posting this but he's obviously trying to get a rise out of people now. Let's end this thread and play more Angry Birds Rio :p

is that what happened to you?
by all means go play angry birds

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
To some of us with Xoom's it wont make much difference if they do discontinue production. I bought my Xoom for a specific purpose, which I find it handles quite well. It is fast, the display Looks good and it meets my needs. A bonus is that is is customizable at operating system level if I feel that there is some capability I need to add.

Unlike a lot of the folks that post on this forum I don't, and wont, own multiple tablet devices. I will continue to use my Xoom until it no longer functions or until some other device offers a compelling feature that I think I must have. Until then, I am very happy with my Xoom purchase.

MatthewSchenker

Mar 20, 2011
www.schenkerstudio.com
Hey All,
I'm planning to purchase a WiFi-only Xoom soon, so this discussion at first got me concerned. But then I looked at the cited article and the only thing I can think of is that it was planted by someone wishing to undermine the Xoom.

Here's the thing: putting out a rumor like that causes heated discussions like this one, and that, in a twisted way, ends up giving some credibility to nonsense. As I was reading all the posts in this thread, I kept thinking, "Nah, it doesn't make sense." But seeing how many people are responding made me wonder. Then I caught myself and thought, "No, really! It doesn't make sense."

Anyway, someone should plant an article that Apple is producing iPad 2s at such a feverish pace that the quality has dropped off significantly!

Thanks,
Matt

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
lol @ OP. You really tried to stir up some hate here didn't you? Not only was that post proven false but it won't make any sense whatsoever to stop production. Xoom did what it was supposed to do. Make Steve Jobs nervous, grab some of that tablet marketshare and push out first true iPad competitor.

And ceasing production can mean a lot of things. Maybe they have a surplus of them and didn't want to produce more until they sell them out. It could also mean they might be switching factories.

And even if it was true, that would make Xoom that much more in demand.

billyblonco#AC

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The way samsung changed the design and lowered the price of there tablet after the release of Ipad2, I dont think motorola has any other choice but to cut production. The xoom would not be able to stay competitive with the IPad2 or the galaxy tab at it's price point.

Reactions: FFR

DH in DC

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I submitted the first post refuting FFR's assertions. I did so because I believe people who post unsubstantiated, inflammatory statements as FFR did should be called on it. Unfortunately, the activity on this thread has largely fulfilled FFR's objectives-- which are clearly to manufacture a firestorm of controversy without any basis in fact, with the motive being either financial or to cause mischief. What everyone reading this thread should understand is this: there is absolutely nothing to what FFR said. I felt it merited a response because I don't think people who post unfounded information should go unanswered.

So my advice: go back to your Xoom, and don't bother listening to anything FFR has posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny