Motorola Petition - Unlock BootLoaders!

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
So I know this has been done before, but I think it's time to petition Motorola to unlock their bootloaders as promised (yet again).

Here's a petition I started:

Motorola - Unlock Bootloaders

Please sign it, what can it hurt. I have a lot of executives listed. To be honest, I had to guess at the CEO's email address (Dennis Woodside) since it's not public information. But it didn't bounce back, so I think it's correct.
Maybe some pressure from the community can help sway them.

Thanks!

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but this one is going directly to the CEO, as well as some other executives.
His email isn't published, so I doubt any other petitions you sign would email him directly.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can you quote what exactly Motorola promised?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Vote with your wallet. I wanted a easilly hackable device without these problems. What did I buy? A nexus. Yes its not the thinnest, best specs, camera or screen but its has the best of all world's. Maybe, just maybe if enough of us stop buying phones that arnt nexuses they will get the hint. Hitting the wallet does more than an internet petition. They won't be unlocking boot loaders any time soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Motorola lied, go figure. As Spokane would say the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, but the few that would be us.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
They did not lie if you want a unlocked phone then buy the razr developer phone or the European versions. Sorry it's vzw putting the hammer down this is such a broken record

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ry

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The statement that Motorola made said they would develop a new bootloader policy and that "At the approval of the carrier or service provider" they would begin unlocking them. The truth here is, Motorola wants to unlock them, but carriers like Verizon pay lots of money to have them locked up. It's the world we live in, go buy a nexus device next time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ry and moosc

dphorgan2#AC

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Verizon got tired of all the ID10Ts bricking their phones which in turn was "Verizon's fault" send me a working phone! Blame the people who play around with their $600 phone not knowing what the hell they are doing. Its not like Verizon is worried about you "unlocking" your phone to use on Sprints crappy 4G. Which is impossible anyways. And the crappy 4G isn't an opinion, I had a Evo 3D in one of their so called 4G markets.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie