Multi view update on December 27th!

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh att sucks I swear I just got done chatting with a rep and they saying it's not even a update available for the note 2 he had one and didn't know there was an update for it. I mean seriously you don't even know what is available on your own damn phone for the company you work for. Buncha idiots.

I spoke to a rep and she told me that's a Samsung thing then after awhile she realized its att update, she told me it's not ota but through Kies.. Wtf? Their customer service is ridiculous...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

So i finally got my update, i had to contact live chat and the rep asked me to power down my phone and she sent a network reset signal to the device. I powered back up and checked for the update and poof there it was. I am in north louisiana at 420 pm central. She said this is no guarantee but she guessed that was the problem my phonke was having.

Didn't work for me-tried the same thing. 154 hrs to check again-although he said I would get a text message telling me to update.

kcour2006

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I tried calling ATT, was transferred to a Samsung rep. Then backto ATT. I heard 4 different reasons why.
I was very nice, saying I'm asking for a favor here. And was finally told they ate rolling out the update in 10% chunks!
So hold on, it could be awhile.

Good luck and happy new year!

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Go all the way to 2500 some hours and thought I should try a factory reset; oh well, did not work :( So I also contacted AT&T and they are as useless as they come. Oh well, hopefully it hits within the next few days

tezz24

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Mines still didn't come either....I went to the AT&T store yesterday and ask them. They resetted my whole phone to the point I lost ALL my contacts, photos, & music.....SMH!!!! Now I'm jus looking at u guys comments and trying to do what yall telling to do it's just not working....im tired of keep changing my date&time to get the update....im at 50 hrs right now.....oh yea I'M IN ST.LOUIS, MISSOURI

jpark23

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I am the unfortunate few that has been trying to get the update since yesterday and still haven't gotten it (in Los Angeles). I called the customer service at least 5 times and they couldn't do anything. I tried the date trick, network reset, taking out my sim card, battery, reset, and safe mode, but nothing has worked. If any of you decide to call customer service and they say that they don't have any notes on the update, give them this link AT&T Device How-To Center: Cell Phone, Smartphone & Tablet Self-Support or go to AT&T Device How-To Center: Cell Phone, Smartphone & Tablet Self-Support and select the note 2, troubleshoot, software, upgrade and tell them if it is on their website, why don't they have it.

AT&T is a bunch of S***. No wonder why their last in customer service. Always blaming Google when everyone knows its them that doesn't give out the update. If I was AT&T, I would think they would put more efforts into the Android systems (since they lost their exclusivity with iPhone). What idiots. (Sorry for my rants).

abalboa3

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I just finally was able to update mine, not using the OTA method, on a completely stock device. I found these instructions on XDA, post #238 really gives nice instructions. AT&T to release OTA update on Dec. 27 to enable Multi-Window on Note II - Page 24 - xda-developers

You need to scroll down, and on post #238 there is an update that lists how to manually download the update to your microSD card, and run the update on a stock device. It gives instructions on how to do it on a rooted device as well for those interested.

Hope this helps someone. I was extremely frustrated that I wasn't getting the OTA update, but now I'm loving the new feature. Glad I didn't have to wait for AT&T to decide it was my turn to update my phone.

jpark23

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Did you put file in the /cache or did you install it via external SD card? Does it wipe your external SD card or just the internal SD? Thanks for the find. I'm sure everyone will thank you.

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine and the only issue I have is have to use the samsung keyboard. If not and I use pro keyboard or better keyboard thevtab for the slide covers the "a" and when I try and hit the "a" the grid slides out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

jpark23

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
It is working. Oh yeah, but I haven't mess with it since I want all my fellow AT&T Note 2 friends to get it now.
Oh and special thanks to abalboa3 for finding this awesome tip.

Here are the instruction?.
Go to the link that abalboa3 post #227gives you.
As he instructed go to post 238 and there is a dropbox link.
Download the file 2400258.cfg
Once you download it, change the entire file name to ?update.zip?.
You may get a pop up stating that it will affect the file, but do it anyways.
Once that is done, you need to transfer or download the update.zip file to your external sd card (probably best to put it in a download folder or somewhere easy to find).
Now turn off your phone.
The stock recovery is done first by turning off your phone completely.
Hold the up volume + power + home (middle) button until it loads up and you see Lloyd have his stomach open.
Then you will see some options.
Using the volume button, go to ?install from the external sd card? and hit the power button.
Go to where you put the update.zip file and push power button.
Wait a few minutes and now you should have it.
Thank you everyone who help me get this update and screw AT&T, stinking greedy bast****.

P.S. ? Peaches36 I hope this helps you out the most, since I think you suffer the most on here. Oh and be warned this does delete the entire internal sd card. Please back up in case you want to keep your stuff.

To get the side bar, you have to hit multi screen when you open a program. FYI.

Last edited:

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
It is working. Oh yeah, but I haven't mess with it since I want all my fellow AT&T Note 2 friends to get it now.
Oh and special thanks to abalboa3 for finding this awesome tip.

Here are the instruction?.
Go to the link that abalboa3 post #227gives you.
As he instructed go to post 238 and there is a dropbox link.
Download the file 2400258.cfg
Once you download it, change the entire file name to ?update.zip?.
You may get a pop up stating that it will affect the file, but do it anyways.
Once that is done, you need to transfer or download the update.zip file to your external sd card (probably best to put it in a download folder or somewhere easy to find).
Now turn off your phone.
The stock recovery is done first by turning off your phone completely.
Hold the up volume + power + home (middle) button until it loads up and you see Lloyd have his stomach open.
Then you will see some options.
Using the volume button, go to ?install from the external sd card? and hit the power button.
Go to where you put the update.zip file and push power button.
Wait a few minutes and now you should have it.
Thank you everyone who help me get this update and screw AT&T, stinking greedy bast****.

P.S. ? Peaches36 I hope this helps you out the most, since I think you suffer the most on here. Oh and be warned this does delete the entire internal sd card. Please back up in case you want to keep your stuff.

To get the side bar, you have to hit multi screen when you open a program. FYI.

I clicked on it to change the name, but it said cannot open file.. I will try again later.. @Jpark23 Thank you

jpark23

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Peaches, highlight the 2400258.cfg and hit the button "F2". Then type in "update.zip". If it is asking to open, you must be double clicking. You are not suppose to open the file until you reboot. I really want YOU to get this update since you are the original poster. I will try to come back to make sure you get it going.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Tried to get the update yesterday and the software update told me that I was up to date. Check back in 24 hours.

Waited............

Waited............

This morning checked again, it tools me another hour. Grrrrrrr. Wanted to do it on wifi in case the file was large.

Went to work. Checked about 9:00 am and it said I had an update available. YES!

But wait, you need to be on wifi to download. Oh crap that is still 10 hours from now. Sob, sob.

Finally get home and download, then install. Phew.

By the way, I am in the Bay Area, Ca.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
You people need to calm down.
They are not letting every device get the update at the exact same time or else their servers would crash, nobody would get it, and every one would have to wait even longer. A week ago we didn't even know this update existed. Just be happy you know it is there and wait your turn.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You people need to calm down.
They are not letting every device get the update at the exact same time or else their servers would crash, nobody would get it, and every one would have to wait even longer. A week ago we didn't even know this update existed. Just be happy you know it is there and wait your turn.

I said this a while back but "oddly" it was ignored and the quest continued..smh

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Peaches, highlight the 2400258.cfg and hit the button "F2". Then type in "update.zip". If it is asking to open, you must be double clicking. You are not suppose to open the file until you reboot. I really want YOU to get this update since you are the original poster. I will try to come back to make sure you get it going.

It said download, but it seemed like the phone froze..Well the bateery died so when I rebooted the phone there was no change..