My camera is being dumb

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So my LG v20 Verizon is being silly. When I open the camera it defaults the camera to the front facing camera but with the buttons for the rear camera!?!? It allows me to zoom my front camera and not my rear because it thinks the rear is my front. When I take a picture with the front camera it flips it and it goes upside down. The rear camera is flipped 90° clockwise I think. I'm a bit of a techy so I immediately cleared the cache and data and it did nothing. Now if I press the wide angle button that is the trees from the rear camera, since it's on the front camera and there isn't two separate camera on the front it fails to open camera and the app crashes. The only way to get the app back is to clear cache. Now for a while I couldnt use the camera app the only way I could take pictures was with Facebook messenger. Snapchat worked too but I don't use that hunk of garbage. I did get OpenCamera and that works but it won't utilize the regular non wide angle lens for zooming. I'm really kinda sad because of all the phones I've had this one is my favorite and the LG g4 was an amazing phone so that is a feat in of itself. Either way thanks in advance for anyones help.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So my LG v20 Verizon is being silly. When I open the camera it defaults the camera to the front facing camera but with the buttons for the rear camera!?!? It allows me to zoom my front camera and not my rear because it thinks the rear is my front. When I take a picture with the front camera it flips it and it goes upside down. The rear camera is flipped 90° clockwise I think. I'm a bit of a techy so I immediately cleared the cache and data and it did nothing. Now if I press the wide angle button that is the trees from the rear camera, since it's on the front camera and there isn't two separate camera on the front it fails to open camera and the app crashes. The only way to get the app back is to clear cache. Now for a while I couldnt use the camera app the only way I could take pictures was with Facebook messenger. Snapchat worked too but I don't use that hunk of garbage. I did get OpenCamera and that works but it won't utilize the regular non wide angle lens for zooming. I'm really kinda sad because of all the phones I've had this one is my favorite and the LG g4 was an amazing phone so that is a feat in of itself. Either way thanks in advance for anyones help.

Did you recently perform a software update? Sometimes these updates screw up the files on the phone... First try going into the Android recovery menu and clear the cache from there... If that doesn't work, just perform a factory reset. Sometimes system files can get corrupt.. if you ever used Windows computers, this happens all the time. Factory resets almost half the time fixes the problem.. it really does seem like a software issue than hardware.

n0bleteamleader

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
Did you recently perform a software update? Sometimes these updates screw up the files on the phone... First try going into the Android recovery menu and clear the cache from there... If that doesn't work, just perform a factory reset. Sometimes system files can get corrupt.. if you ever used Windows computers, this happens all the time. Factory resets almost half the time fixes the problem.. it really does seem like a software issue than hardware.

So I have not done any updates as I actually don't have Verizon service, I have straight talk. I don't get ota updates. And that leads me to I can't just bring it to Verizon...