My final post to the Galaxy Note 4 forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow all this talk about a battery. The itouch battery doesnt last long we all know iphone batteries dont last long. My brother in law is constantly plugging in his phone to have a charge. Thats an iphone 5 when i showed him how fast my note 4 and 5 are he was blown away and said he would to to a verizon store and check out the note 5

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
To do a hard reset in my S6E, you hold down power and volume down for 7 seconds.

Thanks Kelly - my prior Motorola Droid Maxx was the same way. Even if it totally crashed, the button combination ALWAYS worked! I have had a few times with my Note 4 when I've had to pull the battery, but never with a phone with a non-removable battery - they have to engineer in a Fail Safe! (Well, SHOULD) :)

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The Note 4 is the 3rd phone I have had with a removable battery and to be honest the only time I ever remove the battery is to get the sim card to put into my other phone.

I had a GS3 and had to do a few battery pulls but only because I was flashing ROMS and a couple caused issues on reboot. I'm not a power user so no need to swap and I've never experienced a problem with battery degradation............yet

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My 1st thoughts when I heard no micro sd card was awww man. ......If you can manage to scoop the note 5 believe me its worth ever penny long live the note 4 it was a pleasure having such an innovative phone

My Take: i have to INDEED agree it is an upgrade in almost every conceivable way EVEN if it has lost barely a handful of hardware features... And i don't truly consider them "lost", more like, "dumped excess baggage"....

With the great upgrade programs available, the high trade in values carriers are giving for older phones, the Samsung $200.00 promos, minimal monthly costs for a NEW flagship, for the ppl here who love "latest & greatest" its really a no brainer!

For some, a Note 4 or S6 will surf them into the next couple of years and they prolly shouldn't upgrade. BUT, for ppl who clearly have an interest in "new tech", surely the cost a little upwards of $1.00 a day should NOT keep you from enjoyng the Note 5's lag free, excellent camera experience, high performance, beautiful screen etc etc etc!

Comparing the Note 4 to the Note 5 is not a fair comparison. Is the Note 4 a good, solid, "power user's" dream? Sure is! Is the Note 5 a sexy, lag-free performance beast with an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G camera? Uh huh! Gitcha 1!

(And i ain't talking out of "both sides of my mouth, becuz i do feel Samsung is making HUGE decision "FAILS" in lots of different respects, however, the Note 5 offering is a GREAT device regardless!

BTC

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Power button and Volume down shuts down the S6 and Note 5 when they are not responsive. Doesn't work on the Note 4.
I just tried the volume down and power button combo on my Note 4 and it worked. Of course the phone wasn't unresponsive at the time. You do have to hold the buttons for several seconds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just tried the volume down and power button combo on my Note 4 and it worked. Of course the phone wasn't unresponsive at the time. You do have to hold the buttons for several seconds.

This is how you do the hard shutdown. It will power the phone off as it makes the hardware reset -- not waiting on the software that is frozen like you suggested.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh my sister has had every iPhone, never had a battery problem.

That's so awesome for your sister. I bought my Note 4 on release day and had to replace the battery in March because it was toast. I don't know what happened to it but it took a dive hard and the only thing that helped was to replace it. I was thanking my lucky stars that my battery was removable at that time. I also had a battery go south on my Galaxy S3 after I owned it for 7-8 months.

I love Samsung phones, but I wouldn't buy one with a sealed battery. All this topic proves is that everyone has different experiences and there's nothing wrong with preference. I only wish your sister's experience was my own.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's so awesome for your sister. I bought my Note 4 on release day and had to replace the battery in March because it was toast. I don't know what happened to it but it took a dive hard and the only thing that helped was to replace it. I was thanking my lucky stars that my battery was removable at that time. I also had a battery go south on my Galaxy S3 after I owned it for 7-8 months.

I love Samsung phones, but I wouldn't buy one with a sealed battery. All this topic proves is that everyone has different experiences and there's nothing wrong with preference. I only wish your sister's experience was my own.

I've had all S line Samsungs except the S4 and the regular S6 and all the Note line. I've never replaced a battery. Batterys cropping out are not the norm.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had all S line Samsungs except the S4 and the regular S6 and all the Note line. I've never replaced a battery. Batterys cropping out are not the norm.

Oh I understand that. I've had a handful of other devices that performed flawlessly. I'm just saying that when it happens, it's a much better scenario to have a removable one. And since i've had two Samsung devices with that issue, I wont buy another one with a sealed battery. My Nexus 5 had a sealed battery and never had a problem. I just prefer options. That's why I am with Android instead of Apple. I don't think people have to "build their case" as to why they want options and choices with their device. Offering removable battery and expandable storage gives the user the choice.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
It was that ability to have options that led me to move back to Android after a year and half with an iPhone 4s.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
There isn't that much difference in battery size.. Why 8 months? Already it has been shown to be just as good as the N4 battery time or better.
The more you use the more the battery degrades. Most rechargeable batteries have about about a life of about 500-800 cycles .... Number of times they can be charged before you see thier performance degrade... So eight months..

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that the battery will only last 8 months? It's funny how people are downing the sealed battery with all these assumptions. I guess all those people with phones with sealed batteries better be scared. Like all the iPhone people, iPad owners, Nexus 6 owners, 99% of tablet owners, HTC owners, Moto owners.... You see where I'm going with this?
Yep... That's what I am saying...
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I was mad about the no sd card too in the 5, but after researching for so long. I had to say goodbye to my Note 4 today. 64Gb black sapphire 5 on AT&T. Loving everything about it so far. As far as battery life goes, I upgraded my Note 4 after only 10 months (yearly upgrades) and will prob do the same next Summer for the Note 6...But so far after the first day its on par with my Note 4. Love that wireless charging is built in where as with my 4 I had to buy the back cover Qi charger.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
We traded in an iPhone 4 at T-Mobile two weeks ago when we switched over. It was bought when released. The battery is just as great as when new. It was released in June 2010 according to the search I just did.
You my friend have what they call a Unicorn.. A very rare thing... Some may even say they don't exist... But I see them especially when I ....

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Just to chime in on the battery issue. My sister had an Iphone 5c c for crap according to her, then upgraded to a Sprint Iphone 6. With both IPhones, she's always charging her phone. Now she uses it a lot, and I'm no power user, but I still use my Note 4 a lot. I can go all day and maybe be in the low 50% range and sometimes in the 40% battery range. I charge overnight every night, just out of habit. My sister is always low and having to charge her phone all the time.

So I agree, I think having the ability to swap a battery, frees you up more. So that is kind of a deal breaker for me on a Phone. On my Note 10.1, not so much. I use most nights and I charge every night. If I had to take everywhere with me, it might bother me, because it wouldn't last all day. A Phone I take everywhere with me, so that I need it to be free of charging all the time and lasting long with battery.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep... That's what I am saying...
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

And why would this battery be gone on 8 months and other sealed batteries aren't? Samsung selling a phone where the batteries are gone in 8 months is not profitable to them. These batteries aren't difderent than other batteries that aren't sealed, they just are sealed. I've never had a battery go in 8 months, ever.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You my friend have what they call a Unicorn.. A very rare thing... Some may even say they don't exist... But I see them especially when I ....

No actually, ever phone has been the same. I have never, ever had to replace a battery on any of the numerous phoned I have owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tapiwanashe