My Galaxy S3 won't charge via the micro usb connection but will recognize a micro usb memory stick, what settings do I charge to access the charging c

A

AC Question

my galaxy s3 won't charge via the micro usb connection but will recognize a micro usb memory stick

I can't charge my phone via the wall charger and supplied cable. It won't recognize a connection at all. When I connect a micro usb memory stick via the same connection it will come up and recognize it. What setting do I change to access the charging capability

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: my galaxy s3 won't charge via the micro usb connection but will recognize a micro usb memory sti

Use a very strong light, a magnifying glass unless you have super good vision and a pointed wooden toothpick. Look for a short between the end contact and the one next to it (look at both ends). If pins 4 and 5 are shorted, the phone is in OTG (on the go) or USB host mode. That's why a memory stick will work (it normally won't) and charging won't. (The phone won't charg when in USB host mode.) If you don't find a tiny littl piece of dust or dirt, run the end of the toothpick gently along the space between the end contact and the next one, just to clean it out.

If you're using an OTG cable, though, that would be the problem. You can't charge the phone through an OTG cable (and, yes, that's too bad - we should be able to), you have to use a normal cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance