My lg g2 turns off when there is no light

AndroFanBoy

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,
I have a standard lg g2 d802. My screen turns off (at the lock screen) when there is no light pointed on the Proximity sensor. I tried a sensor app. It said: NEAR. I dissasembled my phone and cleaned up the whole part and the glass. The app still says: Near. What now?

Edit: Knock feature also stopped working

Edit 2: Sorry if im unclear as [language redacted by Mod], but i forgot to say that i already tried (hard) reset, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndroFanBoy

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Still no answer... Delete this useless question (or forum) then. I rate this site a 3 out of 10 (-7 for non-phone friendly site and a very long waiting time before i even get a answer!)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Still no answer... Delete this useless question (or forum) then. I rate this site a 3 out of 10 (-7 for non-phone friendly site and a very long waiting time before i even get a answer!)
Hello. Please keep in mind we are all volunteers. Questions can get buried very quickly as we are a pretty busy site.

As for you issue, I'm not sure what to suggest. A sensor may be faulty, due to it failing or a connection gone bad. You could try a cell phone repair shop, but since you have already opened the phone, they may not take it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I think I misunderstood you -- I thought you meant that you physically changed the proximity sensor, but now that I reread your post, I think you meant that you changed your initial post to clarify that you're talking about the proximity sensor.

In that case, the next thing to do is probably to bring the phone to a repair shop and get the sensor replaced.

Sorry you feel this way about the AC forums. I'm willing to bet that you won't find a friendlier and more responsive forum. Good luck!

JayZee86

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
Hey all ! i actually havent found a proper fix , but i discovered that if you plug anything the screen opens up and also stops bugging !!!! so i carry a small jack with me and i am ok ( until i buy a new phone xD )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali