My Mac and Android device won't transfer files to my laptop, why?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

when I try o transfer files from my android smartphone to my laptop it is not transferring the files.
Also, there is an error message as " Could not Connect to the device. try to reconnect or restart your device"

So I tried to transfer files again after restarting several times. but it still not working.
So how can I fix that error?

CPU: Core™ i5
Memory: 4 GB
Video Graphics: Intel HD
Hard Drive: 1 TB

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
What operating system is running on your laptop? In most cases you'll need to be sure a file-sharing option is enabled, or there's an option to allow specific ports to be open through the OS's integral firewall utility.

Also, which version of Android is running on your phone? And more importantly what's the name of the app you are using to do the remote file sharing?
Typically if you were to use a USB cable to do file transfers, with wired connectivity it's just a matter of following whatever prompts show up to configure a connection between your phone and your laptop. But with WiFi, for wireless connectivity you need to install and configure an app, such as AirDroid or KDE Connect, to do remote file transfers.

Just to confirm, all three of your devices are connected to the same local network, yes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress