My phone has stopped accepting my unlock pin

A

AC Question

Have an lg optimus g e975 just picked it up and the pin to unlock the screen is not working anymore. I've had the same pin for months and changed nothing. The screen works fine. When I enter the pin it says try again until after the fifth time I have to wait 30seconds this keeps happening no other options come up like forgot pin. The worst part is my wifi is switched off. I went onto my device in google account and the option to remove pin is not available. I went to backup stuff and you have to be able to unlock phone. Please help don't want to lose contacts and pictures had the phone ages

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Have an lg optimus g e975 just picked it up and the pin to unlock the screen is not working anymore. I've had the same pin for months and changed nothing. The screen works fine. When I enter the pin it says try again until after the fifth time I have to wait 30seconds this keeps happening no other options come up like forgot pin. The worst part is my wifi is switched off. I went onto my device in google account and the option to remove pin is not available. I went to backup stuff and you have to be able to unlock phone. Please help don't want to lose contacts and pictures had the phone ages
Hey there
Welcome to AC :)

That's probably not possible that phone says the pin is wrong , according to me someone might have changed it without your notice? Or try to remember if you have done it but forgot ?

If not then, We will try other methods for somehow to backup your device .
Thanks

Tbgwb

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I had used the phone about 30mins earlier was on soundclound no issues. Went to unlock it and pin didn't work(no one else near phone), tried again confused then started questiong if I had the correct pin. Tried numerous occasions and nothing. I went onto my google device and see my nexus 7 and lg optimus g. I can change the pin on the nexus but on the lg it says to send notification to set up this mode. There is no forgot pin option, android 4.1 so you can't access toolbar to turn WiFi on. Connect it to PC and you have to unlock phone to transfer files. There is the chance I've forgotten my pin but seeing as I've had the pin since August I don't think I could. Its worth nothing I use an app called app lock on my apps. Maybe this could be interfering

Tbgwb

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Android Device Manager will only let you remotely set a password if the device doesn't have a screen lock set in the first place.

What if you force a shutdown (by pressing and holding Power for about 10-15 seconds), then boot into Safe Mode? The steps for the L9 should work for the G: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11126

Just tried safe mode still not able get in, I have never heard of such a case but I think the lock screen is just not working and no matter what I put in I will not get in to the phone. Really annoying

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just in case the onscreen keyboard or keypad is acting up, you could try connecting a basic USB keyboard via OTG cable (assuming your phone supports OTG) and using that keyboard to enter the PIN.