My Phone is Possessed - Random non-existent alarms / notification sounds in the morning

Tom_r_99

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Hello.

This is something that has been happening from the beginning of me getting this amazing phone and I wish I understood why this happens.

Basically... My S20 FE enjoys waking me up for no reason whatsoever alllll by itself. That's right, no alarms or timers or anything else for that matter. What happens is this. Sometimes in the morning (before 8 AM), my phone will ring the default alarm clock sound despite there being no set alarm or timer. Nothing appears on the screen, I unlock my phone normally and the sound still plays. I can use the phone normally, and the alarm still plays. The only way to turn it off is by lowering the volume completely and forgetting about it until I wake up an hour or 2 later to find out it has stopped.

Today has been the first time the default alarm sound was replaced with the notification sound. Also couldn't turn it off, also had to lower the volume so I could go back to sleep again. I don't have any apps which would be able to do this. It doesn't happen every day, it might happen once a week, once every 2 weeks. It seems random, but there must be something. I've looked at all the settings and there's nothing that I can find.

The only alarms I have created but not on is 1 alarm at 8 AM and the other at 10:20 am. That's all. Below I've uploaded a video from this morning demonstrating whatever is happening.

My phone is up to date and so are all of my apps. I couldn't find anything online regarding this.

https://youtu.be/qFIE4JO_Hjw

Please. Help. Me. My phone is possessed

Looking forward and replying to some of these comments

Tom_r_99

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I've downloaded the app, I guess now is the waiting game. It doesn't happen every day. I'll be sure to check the app when this does start to happen. Appreciate the response.

Other than that happy to try anything else anyone has to offer as well :)

Tom_r_99

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
So. It has happened again this morning at 7:38. I checked the app that I downloaded that tracks notifications. The only app that sent a notification and was updated at the same time the notification spam happened was the default weather app.

This kind of would make sense recently as there have been a few changes in weather in my area recently. But the thing is, why don't I get notifications spammed throughout the day?

The question now is. What should I do in regards to the weather app?

We're getting there! Appreciate the help! :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So. It has happened again this morning at 7:38. I checked the app that I downloaded that tracks notifications. The only app that sent a notification and was updated at the same time the notification spam happened was the default weather app.

This kind of would make sense recently as there have been a few changes in weather in my area recently. But the thing is, why don't I get notifications spammed throughout the day?

The question now is. What should I do in regards to the weather app?

We're getting there! Appreciate the help! :)

So its a weather alert notification ?

Tom_r_99

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
That's the thing. It seems so, but I'm not 100% sure. Looking at the app's settings (from in-app and through the phone settings menu) I don't see anything unusual or even an option for something like this to happen.

As you saw from the video I posted yesterday (not sure whether you have) but basically. There was nothing in the notifications tab up top. Yeah, when I checked the full notification tab (swiped down) it did tell me the weather, but it does that regardless throughout the day.

I'm not sure whether it would be useful, but I could post a list of all my installed apps (it's not much, I don't use my phone that often).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty