My phone sometimes only rings once.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
This has happened a few times around a dozen. When I receive a call it only rings once and then goes silent. I can pick it up and it looks like someone is still calling though.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... I make ringtones using ringdroid. Some of them don't work and get cut off after a a bit.
What ringer do you use?

Turn vibrate on and check it it still vibrates even when the ringer turns off.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Nope and I only have about 5 apps installed. At first I thought it was due to low signal. But it did it today with 3-4 bars.

drdrewdown

Jun 5, 2010
www.wksportbike.com
does it do it every time? can you duplicate the issue? does the issue go away with the quiet ring feature disabled? can u please specify what ringer you have setup? can you test this without the "quiet ring on pickup" checked?

p.s. there is an edit button on all your posts

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I use one of the pre installed ring tones, it sometimes will only do it once or twice a day or none. I'll change quiet ring tone on re-post.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The best I can describe it is the ring tone I have is a ring ring ring ring ring ring one. Sometimes just sitting there is only does one ring and stops, I'll pick up the phone and it still showa I have a call coming in but there is no sound.

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe this can be network related, too.

There is a setting somewhere on the phone in hidden menus that allows you to change how often the phone pings the tower for incomming calls. I cant remember what it is or where it is, but changing that might help...

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, here it is... It's called Slot Cycle Index. It will make your phone ring Sooner, not necessarily longer and might help your issue. You do need your MSL from Sprint (programming code which you can get by calling up tech support and saying that your voicemail is dialing 999-999-9999 and need your phone re-programmed)...

HOW TO CHANGE SLOT INDEX

On your phone dialer, press ##3282#
Press "Edit Mode"
Enter your MSL (programming code)
Press "OK"
Press "Advanced"
Press "Slot Cycle Index"
Change it to "0"
Press "OK"
Press Home

You are done. I would restart your phone just to ensure everything held.

Battery life will be impacted, but it might not be by much. Your mileage may vary.

***DISCLAIMER - I am in no way responsible for effect, in any negative, to your phone. By you following these instructions, you hereby do it at your own risk to your phone.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, here it is... It's called Slot Cycle Index. It will make your phone ring Sooner, not necessarily longer and might help your issue. You do need your MSL from Sprint (programming code which you can get by calling up tech support and saying that your voicemail is dialing 999-999-9999 and need your phone re-programmed)...

I don't think that will address his issue. His phone is receiving calls in a timely manner it seems, it's just that the audible ringer shuts off but the phone is still in the "receiving call" state.

What you're suggesting is for when the phone only rings once and then voicemail kicks in right away giving you only a couple seconds to answer the call.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that will address his issue. His phone is receiving calls in a timely manner it seems, it's just that the audible ringer shuts off but the phone is still in the "receiving call" state.

What you're suggesting is for when the phone only rings once and then voicemail kicks in right away giving you only a couple seconds to answer the call.

That's exactly what its doing.

AHardman81

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the Motorola Triumph and my phone will also only ring once, and then go silent. The vibrate function will keep going, but the ringer will not. The only remotely pertinent special apps I have are the "touchpal dialer" and "launcher pro," but i'm using the "standard" droid ringtone. Any new advice on this issue? Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shao61