My settings screen is unresponsive.

Jayashree Harris

Oct 30, 2021
Visit site
I was having problems with the play store app, it just kept crashing. I tried multiple suggestions from the forums none worked. The last one I tried was unistalling the play store app and reinstall. Got the first half done but when I tried to reinstall it I realized I had a bigger problem now. I can't click on anything on the settings screen. I tap, it shows the 'visual' that the tap was pressed. I don't know what it's called but the screen shows a tap animation to let you know the screen was tapped at a certain spot. But nothing happens. I tap, wait, tap again, wait, no change. I can scroll the settings screen up and down so I know its receiving input. Everything else works fine. I can open and use apps, internet, games, video literally everything works perfectly. Well except the play store of course. But how can I fix that or anything else if the place to fix things is the thing broken? Please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you uninstalled, the Play Store app, you mean that you uninstalled all updates to it, and didn't completely remove it, right? On unrooted devices, you can't completely uninstall the Play Store, since it's preinstalled. If the tablet is rooted, then it's possible you disrupted the system by removing something that's important for the system to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d