Need Help After Reset!

AnitaDarlin

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! I am hoping that some one will be able to help me out! I did a factory reset on my phone by going through the settings > privacy > factory reset. And now I am not connected to any networks. When I try to reconnect to the right network, it says that my SIM card will not allow me to connect to it!!! Please help!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone! I am hoping that some one will be able to help me out! I did a factory reset on my phone by going through the settings > privacy > factory reset. And now I am not connected to any networks. When I try to reconnect to the right network, it says that my SIM card will not allow me to connect to it!!! Please help!!!

Sim card? are you on Telus or verizon?

AnitaDarlin

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have done it three times now. Everything else works except I cannot connect to the mobile network. I tried selecting Telus and the message comes up with "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network." I am just not sure if I have to go and buy a new card or what...it is just very frustrating...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have done it three times now. Everything else works except I cannot connect to the mobile network. I tried selecting Telus and the message comes up with "Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network." I am just not sure if I have to go and buy a new card or what...it is just very frustrating...

try this
1. Connect to a wireless connection and download "AnyCut" from the market

2. Create a shortcut to "Phone Info"
(menu -> add -> shortcuts -> Any Cut -> Activity -> Phone Info) Click "OK" on the "Edit Shortcut" screen

3. Try turning off / on auto-sync
(menu -> settings -> Data synchronization -> Auto-sync) Wait for the sync arrows to appear

4. Go back to the home screen and click on the new "Phone Info" shortcut

5. scroll to the bottom of the screen and you should see a button that says radio off. Hit this button and when it reads radio on Hit it again to turn the radio back on.

Please let me know if this works for you

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
here are two possible solutions from XDA forums:
1. Download "Network" app from the market and create a shortcut on screen
2. Go to "menu -> settings -> Data synchronization -> Auto-sync"
3. Turn OFF "auto sync" and then turn it ON.
4. Go back to the home screen and click on "Network" shortcut
5. scroll to the bottom of the screen and you should see a button that says radio off. Hit this button and when it reads radio on Hit it again to turn the radio back on.

.....wait for few seconds and "hopefully".....you will get full signals.

GOOD: If the method works...it will always work and it is not related to hardware.

BAD: The network stays for a short time....and you will have to redo auto-sync toggling....followed by radio toggling. Someone has to create a patch for this.

or

This guy is using Bell , so i dont know if its the same....
on my side I solved the issue this way:
-call *#2263#
-BAND SELECTION= [I selected 1 (automatic)]

It was on GSM Band... and it should needed to connect wcdma...

hope this help...

Reactions: AnitaDarlin

AnitaDarlin

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It didn't work but I guess I will just have to wait until the store opens and I can go talk to them. Worse comes to worse if I have to buy a new SIM card at least my phone would work. Thanks for trying so hard to fix my problem!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It didn't work but I guess I will just have to wait until the store opens and I can go talk to them. Worse comes to worse if I have to buy a new SIM card at least my phone would work. Thanks for trying so hard to fix my problem!!!

You are welcome, but im sorry we were not successful. I do hope that you stick around the forums. New comers are always welcome. Also if you can post tomorrow how they resolved this issue that may help someone in the future with the same problem.

Happy New year :)