Need Help Getting a New ROM

6jzuniga

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
hey guys i know there are plenty of tutorials in showing how to get a new ROM i just want to come on here and make sure im doing it right...i had a friend root my EVO the other day and he didnt really explain what he did or what i can do with a rooted phone. ive seen videos on youtube about some ROMS and i really like the Kinged Shooter one with sense 3.0... i know you are supposed to download the file on your phone but ive also seen people say you havta erase certain things in recovery to do it. this is the ROM my friend gave me.

Model number: pc36100
android version: 2.3.5
baseband version: 2.15.00.05.02
kernal version: 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-01509-g8913be8shade@toxygene #1
mod version- gingerbread-evo-deck-1.3d
Build Number: GRJ90

So if you guys dont mind just please explain how to install the ROM perfectly and then i can do it all by myself next time I would really appreciate this

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I've only been rooted one day but this is not my first time with a rooted phone. It sounds like you have EVO DECK Rom. To do anything major you go into recovery which is done by powering off the phone and pressing and holding the volume down button and then simultaneously pressing and holding power button until you get to a white screen. Now I've only flashed one Rom (Evolved R3charged) but you'll see some options on the screen. You use the volume up/down keys to scroll and the power button to select a option. Scroll down to "Recovery" and hit power button and it will take you to a black screen with blue letters. That's the recovery menu. There you can make system backups and restore your system if you've already made backups. You can wipe cache, wipe data, factory reset phone, and flash roms and other zip files from sd card. If you want to flash a Rom you need to go into recovery, wipe cache and wipe data and select "apply zip from sd card" then choose the Rom you want (assuming you have Rom on root of sd card) I just got rooted yday and saw the "kinged" Roms. Let me know how it runs

Last edited:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Also EVOlved r3charged has full sense 3.0 if that's what you want. I'll post pics in a sec. This Rom is snappy and not a memory hog like I thought. I had 270 MB of internal after installation

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Screenshots so you can see the look of evolved r3charged

b8cb3377-b56c-1c07.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
You're already running a ROM other than stock. What are you trying to do, change it? You're running one of the top 2 (IMO) ROM's out there for the Evo4G

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Also EVOlved r3charged has full sense 3.0 if that's what you want. I'll post pics in a sec. This Rom is snappy and not a memory hog like I thought. I had 270 MB of internal after installation

(pssst....if you partition your SD card before installing r3chargeD, you'll have 350MB of room left instead of 270MB...it makes it even better)

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Well tapatalk is uploading my screenshots pretty crappy so scrap that idea. It wont let me upload to forum. Only tapatalk hosted

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip.
Sent from my EVOvled R3charged EVO 4G using Tapatalk

I just flashed back to r3chargeD today. Copy everything on the SD to your puter, partition it for FAT32, 1024MB or more if you want and have a bigger card than 8GB and feel the need to do it, then copy everything back to it. Wipe cache, and Dalvik, factory reset, flash the ROM...

I did a 1GB partition and I have a 32GB card. Just didn't need anything bigger.

6jzuniga

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
seems like the R3charged is the best ROM to get and i have heard some good things...also quick question how do you get portable wifi hotspot...it have it on installed on my phone but when try connecting a device it wont let it.

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
seems like the R3charged is the best ROM to get and i have heard some good things...also quick question how do you get portable wifi hotspot...it have it on installed on my phone but when try connecting a device it wont let it.

Gonna ask a few questions .

1. Are you using the WiFi hotspot ? It should be the blue colored one not the yellow colored one .

2. In the WiFi hotspot there is a menu called Manage Users , is that checked?
If so then when you connect to your hotspot go to manage Users and click the green check mark to accept it , then you should be able to connect .

If it is not checked to manage Users try to turn that on then accept your connection .

I use it all the time even to play xbox live and it works fine .

Also swagged is a good ROM too . You can find it on xda devolpers .

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy