need help with text messaging!!

mranbel

May 16, 2010
Visit site
so i have this strange problem where i keeping getting the (last) same text message from 3 different people over and over again. Not like a pattern just randomly throughout the day. they are not sending them over and over, i am just receiving them over and over. any ideas? i am running synergy rom, have been for a while with no problems. Last night i deleted all my contacts and reimported only the gmail ones. shouldn't be an issue. i deleted all the text messages and them backup with sms backup, still keep getting these messages over and over again. it's driving me crazy

jalaazul

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The S/O and I are having the same issue. I think its a Sprint issue. Good luck. He's on CM7 and I'm on Rainy Day, that's what makes me think its on the Sprint side of things.

EVOlved

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If it is Sprint, it's a localized issue because I'm not seeing the problem. Are you guys using the stock messaging app? I use GoSMS Pro.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If it is Sprint, it's a localized issue because I'm not seeing the problem. Are you guys using the stock messaging app? I use GoSMS Pro.

Third party messaging apps run off of your stock messenger. When you download, and hit accept, you are giving it permission to gain access to your stock messenger.

This seems like a sprint network error that's causing this. Maybe try to update your profile and prl? Just an idea.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Third party messaging apps run off of your stock messenger. When you download, and hit accept, you are giving it permission to gain access to your stock messenger.

This seems like a sprint network error that's causing this. Maybe try to update your profile and prl? Just an idea.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

You missed the point of my post. I'm NOT having the issue. I surmise that I'm not having the issue because it's either a localized Sprint issue (not network-wide) or the problem doesn't show up in 3rd-party apps.

mranbel

May 16, 2010
Visit site
ok so i updated my prl, updated my profile and still am getting the last texts over and over again. hopefully it is just a network problem like some of you said and it will go away. thanks for the help so far.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
ok so i updated my prl, updated my profile and still am getting the last texts over and over again. hopefully it is just a network problem like some of you said and it will go away. thanks for the help so far.

Call and speak to a customer rep and ask them if there are any other reports in your area of this happenng.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via Samsung Galaxy Tab

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You missed the point of my post. I'm NOT having the issue. I surmise that I'm not having the issue because it's either a localized Sprint issue (not network-wide) or the problem doesn't show up in 3rd-party apps.

I see that, but I thought you were telling him to try a 3rd party app. I was just stating if he did, he would still have the same problem.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I see that, but I thought you were telling him to try a 3rd party app. I was just stating if he did, he would still have the same problem.

But would he? I was really asking if he was using the stock app. I've seen that behavior before with the stock app (and Handcent). When I saw the problem I tried GoSMS Pro and haven't had the problem since.

I can't say definitively if the problem is network related or not, but my experience says to try an alternate app. I am well aware that most 3rd-party apps use the default SMS database, but not all of them process messages the same way. I've seen bugs in the stock app that people have complained about, which I didn't have to worry about because I wasn't using the stock app.

It's just something else to try. The more data points we have when troubleshooting a problem the easier it will be to isolate it.

jalaazul

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, I flashed CM7 and all seems well for me now. I didn't start getting the multiple texts until I did a profile and prl update before installing CM7.
But then I live in BFE...

Sent from my EVOlved

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Try downloading GO SMS Pro from the Market, make it your default, and see how that works for you. It's free, so if it doesn't solve your problem and you don't like it, just uninstall it. Your problem definitely sounds like a local problem, if it's a Sprint issue. Nothing like that happening in the Chicago area.