Need some help with cyanogenmod slow download speeds

Cactus Punch

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been using cyanogenmod for about a month now, I was using 10.1 stable but noticed a problem, really slow download speeds, now I have fibre optic with 40mbs and 10 up on the PC, but when I run the test on my phone it always Max's at 2mbs download but shoots up to almost 10 upload, so I updated to 10.2 and it seemed fixed download went to 8mbs but now its back to 2mbs again, I have the latest gapps can someone please help?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just for kicks have you tried flashing a different Rom? At least then you can rule out if it's Rom related or something else..

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It could very well be something with the CM Rom. Best thing to try is make a backup in your custom recovery and flash a different Rom and see what your experiences are then.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

Cactus Punch

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that if I enable airplane mode or disable WiFi when it comes back on it temporarily speeds up, what ROM do you recommended?

Note could it be that I'm using the wrong type if cyanogenmod I'm using GSM since I could not find which version to use for Vodafone UK

Cactus Punch

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Fixed it, if anyone else has this problem I realised that when you flash with team win recovery you need to flash the ROM, then the Gapps, do not flash them together! mods you may close this now.

Edit after doing a reboot to do a back up its back to 2mbps #.#

Last edited: