Need ZV9 update

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Its not on the website. And the link redirects me to the triumph page.

I need it for my own reasons. Sorry. :eek:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!!! The ZV9 upate has been known to BRICK phones that aren;t running the stock Froyo ROM. I recommend lots of research on this before loading. I decided not to load it and install Network Signal Booster app by MCStealth.(google play) It does reconnect me to VM towers when I get into those dead zones and an extra bar otherwise. Not bad! Alot less trouble than a poorly written update from VM! For faster GPS try using FasterGPS by Dominik Schurmann.(google play) It acts like a filter keeps your phone from searching for satellites over other continents. It will only "ping" those satellites over the continent & region you choose. (North America-United States for us in America) It really works! I can send you the settings if you need. What ever you choose to do about that download, be careful. VM, Google & LG software really isn't as well written as we are led to believe. That's why we turn to the devs here to solve our phone problems!

Last edited:
Reactions: dbacon84

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!!! The ZV9 upate has been known to BRICK phones that aren;t running the stock Froyo ROM.

No. It does NOT brick phones running anything other that stock. It bricks phones that are using the touch recovery, multi boot recovery, and CWM green recovery. Try to refrain from scaring people like this. No offense intended of course ;)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not offended, sellers86. (I have a mom in law for that!) I did research that update cause my husband trucks the East Coast. He can use better reception. I just read too many horror stories bout that update that I'm traumatized. I wonder if it's worth it. My OV toasted due to wiring short, but my old man's is still happy. He runs CM7.2 Backside IHO w/zv5 radio
I depend on forum research to keep it happy.

Reactions: sellers86

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not offended, sellers86. (I have a mom in law for that!) I did research that update cause my husband trucks the East Coast. He can use better reception. I just read too many horror stories bout that update that I'm traumatized. I wonder if it's worth it. My OV toasted due to wiring short, but my old man's is still happy. He runs CM7.2 Backside IHO w/zv5 radio
I depend on forum research to keep it happy.

First part of advice, use Bobzhomes iho rom, I don't believe jerry is supporting anymore. Second, most people have reported no change in signal and terrible 3g, which is why virgin took it off of the site. Don't do it lol

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
First part of advice, use Bobzhomes iho rom, I don't believe jerry is supporting anymore. Second, most people have reported no change in signal and terrible 3g, which is why virgin took it off of the site. Don't do it lol

Source of Virgin's statement about the update? Also, show your statistics for "most."

The ONLY thing that anyone should be saying about this update is that it is YMMV, and nobody should be convinced one way or the other, as it CAN help. It helped me greatly, and I am not the only one.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I get an extra bar or two since the update. 3G speeds suck.. but they weren't anything to brag about before either. But I'm on wifi 99% of the time so no biggie.. and the speeds are still plenty fast enough for what I use it for.

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I get a slightly better signal at home, and no change at all when I'm away at college. So it seems to be a completely a YMMV depending on your location (and possibly your particular phone as well)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Source of Virgin's statement about the update? Also, show your statistics for "most."

The ONLY thing that anyone should be saying about this update is that it is YMMV, and nobody should be convinced one way or the other, as it CAN help. It helped me greatly, and I am not the only one.

My source about both statements is the same. Calling virgin and asking about the update. they took it off because many people were having problems for 3g. Do you think Virgin would randomly remove an update? No

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
it looks like virgin mobile removed the download.

edit : heres the working link. get it while you can,vm has removed it from ov page..the download will be next. http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/update.zip

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Is this the full update from vm? I had flashed the radio update that Leslie had posted but my baseman still says zv4. I'm only asking because I do not have my laptop at the moment and wanted to be sure before I lost root and couldn't get back.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, thank you. The only thing is on Harmon 2 I can't see my sw version, and all I flashed was the radio. So basically I would have to go back to the stock rom to know for sure?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The radio update will not flash except from the stock ROM. And it will flash during your first reboot after installing the full update. The radio only update will not do anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srms