New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

lupipe

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Guys I love this app but can someone help me to get status updates in contact list or in favourites list? I have status updates only when I click and open some contact, but I saw that status updates are visible even when you scroll through contact list (haxsync of course) or when you open favourites..any help?
Using galaxy nexus gsm rooted with custom rom 4.0.4

Last edited:

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
jfaggett02: I doubt it, you can however use syncmypix for that purpose.
lupipe: Please see here.

HaxSync 2.2.5 should be live soon.
Changelog:
Made location sync optional.
Made face detection optional.
Added option to force redownload of all contact images.
Now showing friend names with "Show full timeline", see here for more information: https://redmine.limun.org/issues/42

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Some users reported an issue, where they got the message "An error occured. Please try again later." when trying to add an HaxSync-account. This is an issue on Facebook's side (I suspect they're having problems with their API), and should hopefully be fixed soon. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that, so you will have to wait for Facebook to fix it.

suprkain

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I got a Galaxy Nexus LTE stock rom unrooted. My question is why do I not get any status updates on my people app. I have tried looking uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it still doesn't update status regularly if at all.

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Does this app actually save/store the pics on the phone?

If I install this app, sync the contacts, and then uninstall the Facebook app, will the pictures go away? I'm ready to delete Facebook, but I would like to save some of the contact photos that I have in my phonebook.

Are there any apps that actually save/store the images instead of just syncing them?

Brandon

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know how I can manually point HaxSync to a FB contact? For example, a lot of my contacts list their maiden and married name of FB, so HaxSync doesn't link them in my contact list. Will I have to sync ALL of my FB contacts, then manually join them and delete the unwanted ones?

RogerSilva

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Is it possible to sync only my contacts in the phonebook?
How can I setup this app to sync only my contacts on phonebook(not all fb contacts) ?

thanks in advance

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Version 2.2.9 should be live soon. No exciting new features this time, I'm afraid. However as Facebook is deprecating the offline_access permission tomorrow, I was forced to release an update to deal with this. 2.2.9 will detect when an access token becomes invalid and reask you for authorization.
Please update as soon as possible, as previous versions won't work correctly anymore.
I also fixed a few bugs that caused crashes in previous versions.

The Real NV

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I still cant get it to sync events with calender app. Have choosen it to do it but doesnt show anything, so im pretty sure he problem is with hax as it wont sync with my agenda widget either. Birthdays work fine so I know im not missing nothing in settings. Isnt anyone having this problem?

shreyasjavagal

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Can we share the downloaded facebook contacts with other phones? Like send contact via bluetooth, email or mms, backup to sdcard or copy the contact from facebook to google account etc?

RogerSilva

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello, How are you?

I bought Haxsync recently and I have some questions about it, May someone help me, please?

1)I check the option to Sync "Me contact" with Facebook, but when I realized that my information is incorrect then I unchecked this option. Although I unchecked the option to sync "Me Contact" with Facebook, It is still merged on People App.
Is it possible to separate "Me contact" with my facebook data?

2)I don't know why some of my facebook contacts doesn't show up at "friend picker" (at contacts settings->additional friends to sync).
Is there a workaround for this issue?

3)Is it possible to backup the merged contacts?

I appreciate any help you can give me

The Real NV

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I still cant get it to sync events with calender app. Have choosen it to do it but doesnt show anything, so im pretty sure he problem is with hax as it wont sync with my agenda widget either. Birthdays work fine so I know im not missing nothing in settings. Isnt anyone having this problem?
Just about tried everything and this feature definitely isn't working. Some assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The Real NV: It currently only syncs events you're attending, not ones where you haven't set your status yet. Might that be the problem?

RogerSilva: See the email I sent you ;)

PaulDroidR2D2: Are you using the latest version?

Version 2.3.0 was just uploaded to the Play Store, here's the changelog:
Added option to only sync while charging
Now updating calendar events if they have changed (i.e. time/location changes)
If "Wifi only" is activated and no wifi is available at a scheduled sync time, HaxSync will now automatically sync as soon as a wifi is available.
Improved handling of invalid access tokens.
Fixed bug where "Me"-Contact wouldn't get updated.
Fixed timezone conversion of Facebook events.
Fixed lots of crashes.