New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

Hakimy

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
@kashguy: I had the same problem but I fixed it somehow like this: I went to accounts and in haxsync I decided to hit sync calender first.after it finished syncing I clicked on sync contacts and it worked.of course I went to contacts to view their status and use the Social API I had the same error "Unfortunately, HaxSync has stopped" so I turned off wifi then turned it on again.it works then the error happens again.turn off and on again until it stopped producing this error and now it works fine.

btw these errors started to happen with v2.2 the earlier versions didn't have these issues at least not with me ;)

kashguy

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
@kashguy: I had the same problem but I fixed it somehow like this: I went to accounts and in haxsync I decided to hit sync calender first.after it finished syncing I clicked on sync contacts and it worked.of course I went to contacts to view their status and use the Social API I had the same error "Unfortunately, HaxSync has stopped" so I turned off wifi then turned it on again.it works then the error happens again.turn off and on again until it stopped producing this error and now it works fine.

btw these errors started to happen with v2.2 the earlier versions didn't have these issues at least not with me ;)

Its true after the new version all these problems started. I tried what you said, still happens. Mine gives error
When contacts are syched and it crashes. Any other ideas guys ?:-\

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Version 2.2.2 should be live soon!

Changelog:
Added option to only create birthday events for contacts on phone.
Fixed issue where birthday events would be created even though user disabled them (to get rid of the old ones, check and uncheck "Sync Birthdays" in Calendar Settings).
Fixed issue where events with " in their name would break Calendar Sync.

Oh, and HaxSync now has a "real" issue tracker. Should you have a problem or a feature request, please post it here

kevinthom

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
motsrox: I sent you a PM with my email address so you could send me the APK for testing, but my Transformer Prime is in the shop right now getting its WiFi antenna tweaked. I hope to have it back next week.

Lior Messer

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried it and it's working like a charm. Good job and thanks for the quick correcional.

Can you ellaborate on this HTCData option? What does it do? Is it only for HTC phones?

Enviado do meu GT-I9000B usando o Tapatalk

Motsrox, sorry to repeat the same post but could you please explain a bit more about this HTCData option?

fatchoi

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi Developer,

The photos sync-ed are not of high res. Could you please fix it, or let me know what settings should be done?

Thanks.

mamv

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been answered before, but could not find anything by searching:

Isn't it possible to match contacts by email? Only by name?

Thanks in advance

finger11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I posted this problem on the Issue Tracking page, but I think this should be an easy fix. My GNex is showing my Friendcaster pics for each contact as the default instead of the HaxSync pic. I do not have syncing activated for Friendcaster anymore and I can't find where to change the default pic for contacts to the HaxSynch pics.

If I go into each contact I can see different pics for their Friendcaster profile and HaxSynch profile (HaxSynch pic being more recent).

Anyone know how to resolve this?

finger11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Try deleting the Friendcaster account and re-adding it later.

Enviado do meu GT-I9000B usando o Tapatalk

With Friendcaster uninstalled it used the Haxsync hi-res pic, but once I put Friendcaster back on and resynched just the contatcs it's low-res pics took precedence over Haxsync

Also tried uninstalling Haxsync and reinstalling it with Friendcaster installed, and the Friendcaster profile pics took precedence still

Last edited:

SleepyTheDon

Q&A Team
Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Why would you pay for an app like this without knowing for sure if ICS 4.0.5 is going to correct this BS or not. As tempted as i am to make this purchase i have to wait because i hate to waste money on certain things

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Why would you pay for an app like this without knowing for sure if ICS 4.0.5 is going to correct this BS or not. As tempted as i am to make this purchase i have to wait because i hate to waste money on certain things

Because it's Facebook that dropped the API from it's app, not Google from Android.

androssline

May 21, 2010
Visit site
So... For some reason I am unable to download this app. It's telling me that it's incompatible with my Nexus S. Does anyone know of any other Facebook contact syncing apps?

Thanks?

beardsatan

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Every time I click Sync now, it says "Unfortunately, HaxSync has stopped". Why is it crashing? Can you please fix.

I was having this problem and other issues with syncing. Uninstalled the application, rebooted device and reinstalled application. Everything is working for me now

Galaxy nexus on stock 4.0.4