New Assistant At a Glance widget starts appearing on more Android phones

RockySpears

Oct 6, 2023
Visit site
As long as I can remove it, that's all I care about.
Appeared on my Doogee S97 Pro this morning. Never ever used assistant, don't want it. No you don't seem to be able to remove it. Turn it off, yes, remove the massive icon, no. At least I cannot find how to do it.

Android 11, Kernel 4.14.186

Did not update anything, this monster just appeared.

Anyone know how to remove it,, please let me know.

Screenshot_20231006-103400.png

Reactions: denizendi

denizendi

Oct 7, 2023
Visit site
Agreed! Detestable eyesore that I don't want or need. Was this sent to torture me? Whoever thought it might be nice to foist this insanity on unsuspecting Android users - with no apparent option for removal, needs to learn to curb their worst instincts. HELP urgently needed to get the f*?#er off my screen!

OFFENSIVE Android Intruder.png

Reactions: 1raygin

denizendi

Oct 7, 2023
Visit site
Update 2 days later: In the absence of any genius advice, am now on a mission to subvert THE BLOB ..
Step 1 : Reducing it's preponderance on my screen - by crowding the bugger out
Step 2 : Converting it into something more useful - a backdrop for some fitting GRAFFITI
Step 3 : And this is where I could do with a lead. An elderly LG phone, came with a handy inbuilt tool that would allow me to scrawl or draw anything with my finger, anywhere on the home screen. Can't seem to find any apps that work quite like that now. Help ?
Step 4 : Discovery - enabling battery saver - whites out the message on THE BLOB - in readiness for graffiti ...

Attachments

• SUBVERTING the BLOB - OFFENSIVE Android intruder.png
    SUBVERTING the BLOB - OFFENSIVE Android intruder.png
    395.4 KB · Views: 10

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Update 2 days later: In the absence of any genius advice, am now on a mission to subvert THE BLOB ..
Step 1 : Reducing it's preponderance on my screen - by crowding the bugger out
Step 2 : Converting it into something more useful - a backdrop for some fitting GRAFFITI
Step 3 : And this is where I could do with a lead. An elderly LG phone, came with a handy inbuilt tool that would allow me to scrawl or draw anything with my finger, anywhere on the home screen. Can't seem to find any apps that work quite like that now. Help ?
Step 4 : Discovery - enabling battery saver - whites out the message on THE BLOB - in readiness for graffiti ...
It might be easier to switch to a custom launcher

Paul_H

Oct 17, 2023
Visit site
Appeared on my Doogee S97 Pro this morning. Never ever used assistant, don't want it. No you don't seem to be able to remove it. Turn it off, yes, remove the massive icon, no. At least I cannot find how to do it.

Android 11, Kernel 4.14.186

Did not update anything, this monster just appeared.

Anyone know how to remove it,, please let me know.

View attachment 356503
Yeah, I've a s97pro too, just appeared a couple of days ago, really annoying as I try and keep my home screen as uncluttered as possible, and I've absolutely no interest in these functions. Limited data plan, and don't want anything using data in background at all. Tried uninstalling updates, which worked temporarily, but it just re-installed on next boot, requiring a load of settings and premissions to be turned off again for at a glance and discover. In the end, I've just disabled google, and that seems to have got rid of it......

• Wow

denizendi

Oct 7, 2023
Visit site
Yeah, I've a s97pro too, just appeared a couple of days ago, really annoying as I try and keep my home screen as uncluttered as possible, and I've absolutely no interest in these functions. Limited data plan, and don't want anything using data in background at all. Tried uninstalling updates, which worked temporarily, but it just re-installed on next boot, requiring a load of settings and premissions to be turned off again for at a glance and discover. In the end, I've just disabled google, and that seems to have got rid of it......
Seems a tad rad, and not something I'm brave enough to do. Will just maintain my rage until a better option appears ...