New AT&T Software Update - Problem

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I updated Kies to 2.5.3.13043_14 and now I get message "your devices current firmware version is not supported to update via kies"

current firmware version : PDA:MB4/Phone:/MB4/CSC:MB4 (ATT)

Does any body know what is going on? I uninstalled reinstalled kies once already

Alerwisher

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Its an issue that kies doesn't recognize the phones firmware and will probably be that way until jellybean comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
OK guess I'll just wait until jelly bean comes out

Thanks Alerwisher

Is it supposed to be 4.1 or 4.2 jellybean
Its an issue that kies doesn't recognize the phones firmware and will probably be that way until jellybean comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I updated Kies to 2.5.3.13043_14 and now I get message "your devices current firmware version is not supported to update via kies"

current firmware version : PDA:MB4/Phone:/MB4/CSC:MB4 (ATT)

Does any body know what is going on? I uninstalled reinstalled kies once already

They should really change the message to "There is no update for your phone at this time". ...the current message is kind of misleading and seems to confuse too many people.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

ZRsDad

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with AT&T enhanced support. They couldn't get to the root of the problem. Uninstalled/reinstalled Kies. Nothing worked. Agent said it's possible AT&T might push an update to our phones to fix the problem. (Heavy emphasis on "it's possible" - he had no knowledge of it - just guessing (and grasping at straws.) So I guess we'll know tomorrow. Please post if you're able to install (details!)

I do have about three weeks left on my warranty... If all else fails, I'm going to push for a warranty replacement.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
1. Open Kies
2. Update Kies if necessary
3. Boot phone into Download Mode
4. Tools>Firmware upgrade and initialization
5. Input Device SGH-I717 (YES CAPS MATTER)
6. Input Serial from under Battery EXACTLY as it is seen
7. Follow prompts to install via Kies.
8. Bout 10 minutes later it will be done.

updating mine as I type.

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey I knew that looked familiar. Glad to see my little set of instructions are making their way around the web. But yes the official update is out and Root can be obtained as well. I have Root access already. LMT, Root Explorer, TiBu among other apps already installed. Almost got my phone to pre-flash stage. Just need to get my DPI set, if possible, then figure out how to disable the capacitive buttons and last but not least shut them off. Since I use LMT which is like Pie, no need for the buttons anymore. All on screen access.

ZRsDad

May 31, 2010
Visit site
1. Open Kies
2. Update Kies if necessary
3. Boot phone into Download Mode
4. Tools>Firmware upgrade and initialization
5. Input Device SGH-I717 (YES CAPS MATTER)
6. Input Serial from under Battery EXACTLY as it is seen
7. Follow prompts to install via Kies.
8. Bout 10 minutes later it will be done.

updating mine as I type.

I just opened Kies (with my Note connected), and it automagically said there was a firmware upgrade available! Updating mine now!!

KSoD

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just opened Kies (with my Note connected), and it automagically said there was a firmware upgrade available! Updating mine now!!

Yes if you are on the stock ICS ROM then this will happen. the instructions provided are for those that use a custom ROM and that option is not available. Since once connected via Kies it will not recognize the phone. so you have to use that method to force install the stock JB.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It's a good list. Worked like a charm . Gonna take for ever to reconfigure. All my apps and accounts are still there.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781