new camera software

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I got a new GS9+ and only had it a day when I got the Android 9 Pie update. I notice I can't adjust the exposure with the rear camera when doing video. I can't even use the Pro mode as there's no record button. So it's worthless for concerts where you have to override the exposure for the bright lights. I have to turn the exposure down so the bright lights don't overexposure the people on stage. After lots of reading it seems it's a common problem. How do I adjust the exposure? I'm so frustrated. At this point my old Galaxy S7 is better than this except there's no telephoto lens. Nothing like getting a new top of the line phone only to have a dumbed down camera that looks like a iphone camera. I hate it. At least on the iphone i once had i could adjust the exposure on the video.

And to top all of this off I have to scroll over to video mode to record video. by then I missed my moment to capture what my pet birds was doing. Nothing like scrolling the camera modes by accident trying to find my way around. :mad:

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I got a new GS9+ and only had it a day when I got the Android 9 Pie update. I notice I can't adjust the exposure with the rear camera when doing video. I can't even use the Pro mode as there's no record button. So it's worthless for concerts where you have to override the exposure for the bright lights. I have to turn the exposure down so the bright lights don't overexposure the people on stage. After lots of reading it seems it's a common problem. How do I adjust the exposure? I'm so frustrated. At this point my old Galaxy S7 is better than this except there's no telephoto lens. Nothing like getting a new top of the line phone only to have a dumbed down camera that looks like a iphone camera. I hate it. At least on the iphone i once had i could adjust the exposure on the video.

And to top all of this off I have to scroll over to video mode to record video. by then I missed my moment to capture what my pet birds was doing. Nothing like scrolling the camera modes by accident trying to find my way around. :mad:
I just got a new s9+ 4 days ago. But I haven't really messed with the camera yet.
Can break it down a little for me so I can c if I'm having the same issues?

Is yours a us region version?

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new s9+ 4 days ago. But I haven't really messed with the camera yet.
Can break it down a little for me so I can c if I'm having the same issues?

Is yours a us region version?

It's a US version I got from Verizon. Unlocked I believe. Not that it matters everything I read all the Galaxy phones that got android pie has the crappy new camera software.

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I hate new camera software. Lack of shutter zoom and separate video mode is a massive step back in usability IMO.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I hate new camera software. Lack of shutter zoom and separate video mode is a massive step back in usability IMO.

I know. It's pathetic. I can't believe Samsung is doing this to their camera software. And to make it look like an iPhone at that. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple sues them for this.

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
That's the problem with these phone companies like Samsung. They keep copying the iphone.
I watch these tech reviews about how the iPhone is or seems to be behind other cell phones when it comes to phone size etc. But the truth is, they don't have to "keep up" cause they know Samsung will copy them in some fashion.

I wished these phone companies will come up with their own style.

Having said that, I just a review of the camera of iPhone, s10 and p30.

Overall the iPhone looked better to me. Samsung was kind of in the middle of the pack.

P30 low light to no light. The zoom capability was the best. Not even close in comparison. Definetly ahead of the game in that aspect. Shockingly how no other cell phone can do the same.
But the p30 in regular pics, it is way too over exposed, whereas the iPhone looked so much better and more natural.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirlysmith44