New Format

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Count me among those not liking the new forum design. I know part of this is simply because it changed, but the old look was simpler to browse through and quickly find posts and threads that interested me. Much more difficult now.

Is there any way to change the coloring of the layout and forum headers. Looking at Tom's Guide and Toms Hardware forums (same underlying software), the coloring and layout of forum headers and threads is much easier to scroll through quickly.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I don't mind it. Seems it's the same platform that Club CrackBerry uses (not to be confused with CrackBerry Forums / crackberry.com). The Club CrackBerry flow seems a bit slicker/smoother for me (I am using Samsung Browser). Maybe some similar tweaks and lessons learned can be made. Hopefully the landscape android phone sticky at the top will eventually go away. I guess I need to re upload my avatar (I wondered why that disappeared in the AC Forums App).

Edit: Thanks to the sticky, I read in the main thread about this that the avatars should come over soon enough. Thanks. I guess this thread is now redundant, or maybe merge with the sticky one?

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The overall Android Central app, from which I accessed the sub-category forums, doesn't seem to work for forums at all. Have I missed something? Is there an app left that works with forums for Android? I always had problems with the dedicated forum app. I've now downloaded the dedicated forums app and it seems to work, but...it seems to have, um, oddities. Like I don't seem to be able to deselect certain push notifications without turning all off. Can't edit posts.
At the moment Tapatalk and ACF app working with some quirks like quoting someone dont work and possibly some others haven't encountered

Reactions: Laura Knotek

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
At the moment Tapatalk and ACF app working with some quirks like quoting someone dont work and possibly some others haven't encountered
I have the ACF app working so I deleted my post, but you beat me to it.;) NOw, however, I notice the general AC app I was using doesn't even exist in Google Play. The forums app is it. So, I've uninstalled the old general app. My profile claims I once used Tapatalk, but not to my recollection. Not using it yet. We'll see.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to assume you mean here on Android Central and not on your Pixel 6a where you originally had this posted. You can change the font size in you account settings - https://forums.androidcentral.com/account/preferences. If you have any other comments or bugs you find, feel free to add them here. There's still some adjustments that need to be made and we're certainly open to suggestions for improvements as we fine tune everything.
Yes, the website. Sorry I posted in the wrong area. There was an option at the top of the page so I thought it could be posted anywhere.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the ACF app working so I deleted my post, but you beat me to it.;) NOw, however, I notice the general AC app I was using doesn't even exist in Google Play. The forums app is it. So, I've uninstalled the old general app. My profile claims I once used Tapatalk, but not to my recollection. Not using it yet. We'll see.
General AC app was pulled from the play store

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nighthawkRMX