New Fossil Watches coming! No Flat Tire!!!

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
So on the Fossil site I can see there are new Android Wear watches coming on Sept. 24th, 2017.
It looks like there won't be a "Flat Tire" on these new watches! :cool:

So yeah, I've had my black Marshal Gen 2 watch for about 6 months, but I think I am upgrading to the blue and rose gold version VERY soon!
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...artwatches%2Fsmartwatches.html&token=AxBLFMje

While I've been slightly disappointed in the flat tire on my current watch (and lack of ambient light sensor that my Moto360 had) It's been overall a great watch. I love the Fossil included faces (even though I have Facer and have actually made a few faces for myself in the past)

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Where are you located at? The Q Explorist and Q Venture came out four weeks ago here in Northern Virginia (USA). The Fossil website showed pre-orders as shipping on August 27th. I stopped by that afternoon and was told to come by "tomorrow". Sure enough, the next day there was a display in the store. I picked my Q Explorist up at that time,

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I have to drive at least an hour away to get to a Fossil store...
Hence my not knowing that this was an option.
But Yesterday, I was down in Charlotte, NC to see family, and when our visit was done, we went to the Fossil store in the Outlets. I bought the Q Explorist on sight. I got the gold with blue band. I looked pretty hard at the gunmetal with metal band, but it was way too heavy. The gold is really nice looking. I will end up buying a silicone band for it so I don't ruin the leather one. (which is really nice, by the way)

I love the no flat tire and am totally cool with the extra ring around the screen for the AMBIENT LIGHT SENSOR that was missing from my Q Marshal.

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the gun metal version. Yes, it is heavy, but I actually like the feel after getting use to it. Just have to be careful never to hit anyone with it or they end up unconscious.

The outline circle is certainly not a big deal. As long as you use a black background on the watch face it usually isn't visible anyway.

Last edited:

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
LOL!
Yeah, I held both of them and even put the metal version on my wrist for a bit to feel it before deciding to go with the leather band. I really like the gold color on this watch, too, so that was another reason I went with it.
I'm also SUPER impressed with battery life on this vs my Q Marshal as well. Fossil is really stepping up their game in this market.