New Issue!

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Sprint support was confused, folks at Sprint store had no clue:

My wife has an issue with her phone that is confusing the peeps at Sprint. Her icons do not stay on her desktop - they disappear. All home screens but not the widgets. We spoke to tech support this AM and he walked us through a factory reset and the issue continued to happen. The only diff between the two phones is that I sent her a photo that I took at the lake for her wallpaper. So, we went to Sprint this afternoon and they switched out phones. I loaded everything up (including the pic) and it started happening again!! Her phone has nothing that mine doesn't. She will take her phone back or call and do a full reset, Ihave formatted the sd card and removed some beta programs (which are fine on my machine) Angry Birds and Swiftkey.

In my mind - the possibilities:

Logged her into android with xxxxx@gmail.com when it was originally created as a googlemail.com account - however when sending to each addy, both showed up on her phone.

Corrupt photo (that I took on my phone and emailed to her)?

The two beta programs?

All other settings are identical. She can still access programs from the app pages, just cant keep apps on her desktop.

Would it have something to do with the sequence I d/l apps and open them? Or setting up things like voicemail or other pre-installed items?

Puzzled? We sure are. Everytime she shuts off the phone, the icons go bye bye. Looking forward to figuring it out. :) any ideas?

Last edited:

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Is it they just disappear for a moment, like they're loading, or can she actually not ever place any icons on any of her home screens what-so-ever?

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Did she put that background again after the factory reset?

Try a factory reset and leave that picture off.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
thnks folks, however, for a factory reset, need to do it through sprint yes? not really interested in launcher pro at this time- but a good idea...

Geek Girl

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Another idea: Return for another Epic phone? Might be THAT phone is faulty/glitchy somehow? Hope the reset works, let us know! Loving mine, the only thing is is its short battery life! (And I don't have my GPS/other Programs enabled very often! :(

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Another idea: Return for another Epic phone? Might be THAT phone is faulty/glitchy somehow? Hope the reset works, let us know! Loving mine, the only thing is is its short battery life! (And I don't have my GPS/other Programs enabled very often! :(

already replaced one phone- its not the phone...

re battery- make sure and drain battery completely at least 3 or 4 times a nd recharge till full- that programs the battery and improves life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord