New Lock Screen?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have used fingerprint to unlock my Moto Z2 Force for a long time. Now, after using the fingerprint to unlock, a "slide to unlock" screen shows up that has a clock, weather, search bar, links to "Hot Apps", "WhatsApp", "Clear RAM", etc, and an ad.

Is this something new that Google rolled out with their last app update? I didn't see anything in the release notes. I'd rather not have an extra step to unlock my phone. Kinda defeats the purpose of using the fingerprint.

How can I make this go away? (I have a screen shot, but don't know if I can post it, here).

EggsZ

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
Installed apps was the first place I checked. Came up blank for something like I'm seeing. I'm going to reboot the phone and check the recent services and see if that provides a clue. Ugh. This is just retarded lol

Thanks again, Javier P!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Installed apps was the first place I checked. Came up blank for something like I'm seeing. I'm going to reboot the phone and check the recent services and see if that provides a clue. Ugh. This is just retarded lol

Thanks again, Javier P!
Remember to sort the installed apps by last used, right after getting the ad.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

EggsZ

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
I found the culpret and terminated it with extreme prejudice. It was a qr code reader I had installed yesterday. Odd thing was, the app wasn't showing up in Settings --> Apps. Nor, was it showing up in my hidden apps (via Nova). I searched on the Playstore until I found the one I had installed, and removed it. A perusal of the app's reviews confirms. Bottom line, avoid "Coreader". Thanks again for your help!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I found the culpret and terminated it with extreme prejudice. It was a qr code reader I had installed yesterday. Odd thing was, the app wasn't showing up in Settings --> Apps. Nor, was it showing up in my hidden apps (via Nova). I searched on the Playstore until I found the one I had installed, and removed it. A perusal of the app's reviews confirms. Bottom line, avoid "Coreader". Thanks again for your help!
Excellent! Glad you managed to find the culprit and stop those annoying ads. We've had a few reports about QR code scanners pushing full screen ads. Better use the stock apps for this feature, no need to download a third party app.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This one?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qrcorde.scan.barcode.reader.generator

Most reviews report the same issues you had. Please, leave your own review and help other people to avoid this kind of annoying and useless apps.