New Note Owner - a few questions

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have NIB AT&T Note coming next Wednesday and I have a few questions.

1. The ebay seller I bought it from says it's running GB. Can I upgrade to ICS instead of JB?

2. If all I want the phone to do is voice, txt, email, FB, Twitter (Plume) and TWC app should I just leave GB on it?

I have brand new Nexus 7 that I use for everything else. I want the Note to do just the basics, be stable & have good batt life. Most of what I've read about JB on the Note and some of what I've read about ICS on the note have been very negative.

I just want the phone to do the basics and do them well. Suggestions?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have NIB AT&T Note coming next Wednesday and I have a few questions.

1. The ebay seller I bought it from says it's running GB. Can I upgrade to ICS instead of JB?

2. If all I want the phone to do is voice, txt, email, FB, Twitter (Plume) and TWC app should I just leave GB on it?

I have brand new Nexus 7 that I use for everything else. I want the Note to do just the basics, be stable & have good batt life. Most of what I've read about JB on the Note and some of what I've read about ICS on the note have been very negative.

I just want the phone to do the basics and do them well. Suggestions?

You could run GB. I thought that OS was pretty good. 4.0 and 4.1 (ICS and JB) made OS between tablets and phones seamless and then tweaks to the OS that users couldn't really see. If you want to stay basic, that should be fine.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
You can update to either jelly bean or ICS. I've just upgraded from the original note and I found that it performed the best on Ginger Bread. However by not updating you would be missing out on a lot of features. However if you only want to use it for the basic stuff you described then I would recommend leaving i5 on GB.

Posted from my Galaxy tab 2

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Root your Note so you can use GB, ICS, or JB and go back if you need to. Lots of choices of ROMs when you root

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Got the Note yesterday. It's running GB 2.3.6. I think I'll leave that on it for now and see how it goes. So far, so good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress