New, Refurbished, or Used Nexus 7?

vrtsvrts

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new to Android and tablets. What are the pros and cons of buying used or refurbished? For example, I've been looking on craiglist, and had one buyer admit to a "slight" scratch on a Nexus 7 he bought on eBay (it was the second of two he bid on). Thanks!

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're not going to buy it new, I'd recommend that you make a personal meeting. You can easily get scammed online. Honestly, I'd buy a refurbished device. A used one was returned for a reason. A refurbished one was returned for a reason too, but this time everything was checked and fixed. It'd be more of a risk to buy something used rather than refurbished.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
When it comes to electronics, I usually prefer to purchase new. However, a sweet deal is a sweet deal, and sometimes refurbished and used units can be had for a price too good to pass up. With that said, I tend to prefer the refurbished ones. It's kind of hit or miss with the used devices, in my opinion. Like Eduardo06sp says, the used ones in the stores were returned for a reason, but sometimes, an owner could take spectacular care of their products.

With the Nexus 7, they are all refurbished directly from us, plus you get a full 90 day warranty from your purchase date. With used ones, the warranty is good one year from the original purchase date; so it depends how long the original owner had it for and if you could prove it. If you were to buy used, I would stick locally to Craigslist or something; that way, you can actually take a look before committing to buy.

Hi,

I'm new to Android and tablets. What are the pros and cons of buying used or refurbished? For example, I've been looking on craiglist, and had one buyer admit to a "slight" scratch on a Nexus 7 he bought on eBay (it was the second of two he bid on). Thanks!

rtshoff

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
What can one expect when it comes to battery performance in a "manufacturer refurbished" Nexus 7 2013?

- - - Updated - - -

When it comes to electronics, I usually prefer to purchase new. However, a sweet deal is a sweet deal, and sometimes refurbished and used units can be had for a price too good to pass up. With that said, I tend to prefer the refurbished ones. It's kind of hit or miss with the used devices, in my opinion. Like Eduardo06sp says, the used ones in the stores were returned for a reason, but sometimes, an owner could take spectacular care of their products.

With the Nexus 7, they are all refurbished directly from us, plus you get a full 90 day warranty from your purchase date. With used ones, the warranty is good one year from the original purchase date; so it depends how long the original owner had it for and if you could prove it. If you were to buy used, I would stick locally to Craigslist or something; that way, you can actually take a look before committing to buy.

What can one expect when it comes to battery performance in a "manufacturer refurbished" Nexus 7 2013?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would expect battery life to be normal in a refurbished model. The Nexus 7 is not known for battery defects.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid