new rooted with synergy rom, no wifi or 4g.. any suggestions?

wesleymj006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted my EVO 3d then decided to install the synergy ROM since I was hearing so much about it. I got u installed and I followed every step to the very point. (That I know of) it is working great excep when I try to connect to WiFi or 4g u will not allow me to. It comes up with errors or unable to .connect. I've seen a duple people say that they have had the same issue on other sites but didn't have and replies. Is anyone else having this issue? It only happeded after the synergy install. Anyone know how to fix the problem with out going back to step one and going to stock ROM?

speedtouch

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I assume you are HBOOT 1.5?

That's what I was thinking, too. The problem is that you'll need to load the kernel separately from the ROM. From what I understand, when you load a custom ROM if you have Hboot 1.5, the custom kernel is not loaded. You'll need to extract the boot.img from the ROM's Zip file. Then use fastboot to load it.

What recovery are you using?

irayge

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
i have the same problem, somewhat new to this, not sure how to load the kernal, i have twrp 1.0.3 as my recovery

Edit
used flash image gui and it worked for me, that will solve all your problems with the wifi

Last edited:

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
i have the same problem, somewhat new to this, not sure how to load the kernal, i have twrp 1.0.3 as my recovery

Edit
used flash image gui and it worked for me, that will solve all your problems with the wifi

Yeah, the Flash Image GUI tool is awesome for hboot 1.5 rooters! Here's a link if you need it: https://market.android.com/details?...wxLDEsImNvbS5qb2V5a3JpbS5mbGFzaGltYWdlZ3VpIl0.

You can download the ROM zip to your SD card and Flash Image GUI will extract the kernel from the ROM and flash it for you. Then boot into recovery, wipe (as needed) and flash your ROM. Works every time!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky