New to Android & Galaxy S3....

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is a waste if ur not in a 4G LTE area with the devices that are available now. That's why after 10+yrs, I'm going to Vz for the release of the Note 2.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

We don't have 4G here yet, but I have no problems, I mean really, 3G is pretty fast.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

ChrisLuce#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
hell_on_hells.

I agree. My 3G on AT&T was awesome. I never had any problems. I used to travel A LOT for my job and never had any problems no matter where I was.

ChrisLuce#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Here is some more really bad speeds i am seeing.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351547021044.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351547021044.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 29

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is a waste if ur not in a 4G LTE area with the devices that are available now. That's why after 10+yrs, I'm going to Vz for the release of the Note 2.

I have no LTE here where I live and my 3G and my S3 are doing just fine. The only time my signal was crap was when they were upgrading towers. Hope VZW treats you well.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Ntchwaidumela,

Yes, that was my next step. I am just so disappointed with the whole experience so far. The damage is already done. According to both Sprint locations I have been to, my area is still over 6 months out before it is goes to LTE. I dont want to wait that long just to get better service.

Customer care can and will treat you well. If not, then ask to speak to retentions. They will make it right with you. Besides, Samsung, HTC, and yes even Apple, send out bad batches of phones. It happens and it has happened to all of us at one time or another so I feel your pain. My wife went through 3 iphone 4s' before she decided on the Samsung GS II. 2 of them wouldn't charge and the other the screen went bonkers and became unusable. I've been with Sprint for 12 years now and all it took was a call to CC and we got her switched to the GS II and she couldn't be happier.

ChrisLuce#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I am going to call them when i get home today. I didnt have a chance yesterday.

I am beginning to wonder if it is my case that is causing any of the problems. This is the second case that i have picked up for this phone. When i am on the phone with Sprint CC i will make sure i have it off. The case i have is the Incipio Faxion Case.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Here is some more really bad speeds i am seeing.

If you think those speeds are bad you aint seen nothing yet. Try these on for size. Welcome to sprint

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351608815855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351608815855.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 19

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If you think those speeds are bad you aint seen nothing yet. Try these on for size. Welcome to sprint

Sent from my Awesome Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2 baby.

Well your upload speed sucks but your download speed is *faster* than dial-up! So why you complainin' ??? :)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
First off, if you went into a sprint store and you were able to show your phone, side by side with one of theirs, and yours has 1 bar and theirs is full, and they still did nothing. Shame on you and sprint.
You my friend need to get a store manager involved, a supervisor or someone. Dont take a shrugged shoulder by a rep and walk out.
If they refuse to help you ask them to use a store phone to call sprint and cancel service. They are not holding up their end of the contract by providing you with service and you can fight that.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
whodatboy,

WOW!! That's odd that your speeds are so slow BUT your connection strength is excellent.

That's not odd at all. Signal strength has nothing to do with available bandwidth and bandwith is going to be the #1 factor in your speed. As for the signal bar you are seeing. That is the phone signal for making calls. It also has nothing to do with your data signal which is not shown on these phones. It only shows if you have a data signal or not. It doesn't show the strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali